• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple question: setting up a project

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to Animate. I've done the hands on bouncing ball tutorial, however when I set up a new project I can't do same things I can do in the tutorial (I'm assuming the settings are different).

I cannot change the color of the background (when I do it changes color in the timeline but not the workspace.

If I draw in the work space, I see the outlines of my lines (as if my work is hidden under a layer), but can't see the actuall linework itself. 

Same thing if I try to import a bitmap (the square shape of the bitmap is visible, but the image on it is not).

All of the above I have no problem implementing in the bouncing ball hands on tutorial built into the latest versio of Animate.

My question is this: how do I set up the project so it has the same settings as the tutorial project.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

There can be two reasons for the outline view:

1. You have enabled outline view for one or more layers. This is done by clicking on the little rectangle next to the layer name. It has to be a solid colour to not show outlines.

In the picture below the bottom two layers are in outline mode.

Clipboard-1.png

2. Your Preview Mode is set to Outlines and everything is displayed in that way.

Check the View menu > Preview Mode and make sure it is set to Anti-Alias.

Clipboard-2.png

Finally, here are some tutorials and articles that should help you getting to know the workspace:

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/tutorials.html

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines