Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SLOW TIMELINE PLAYBACK

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I preview the timeline it is slower than the actual 24fps frame rate. I tried changing FPS in the properties to 29.97, 30, 60, hell I even tried 120 just to see what would happen, and it was still slower. My project file 13 total seconds (+/-310 total frames). I've got 10 symbols in the library, nothing crazy within them.

Playback needs to be faithful to the timeline, dependable and reliable when creating 2D animation, so please fix this ASAP.

Adobe geniusususss: What gives man?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

If you are playing your movie from the controls on the timeline you will almost never see the playback at the correct frame rate. Use Test... Movie... from the Control menu to test your movie at the frame rate that you set.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user to user forums.

and the problem could be anything from your computer hardware to what you're doing in animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out kglad,

Computer hardware is 2018 iMac 3.6 ghz intel core i7 - the works. What I'm doing is very basic frame by frame animation. One character, 2 limbs typing on desk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it's the problem with the app, thanks really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Animate v19.1 build 349 - latest and greatest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are playing your movie from the controls on the timeline you will almost never see the playback at the correct frame rate. Use Test... Movie... from the Control menu to test your movie at the frame rate that you set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does suck though. I'm used to animating in After Effects and a few other programmes, and you've always got the option to render and preview. This seems like a really annoying way to animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing worth noting is, if the Free Transform tool is selected during playback, you will always see a very noticeable slow playback speed. I always have to remember to select the Selection (black arrow) tool before playback. Also go to View > Preview Mode > Fast to give your video card a little help rendering on the fly...

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.29.15 AM.png

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview fast didnt help me either. Im also doing very simple one layer 15 frame animation of simple shapes and getting a lag at 3 frames when i loop my timeline. My workflow has always been animate loop animate loop.. to have to go up into the menue because theres not even a hotkey to preview animation if thats the only way to get propper playback. This isnt the preferred way to animate. Drawing frame by frame is tedious enouh. I would have thought that a vector based animation app espesially from adobe would know that this probably the worst flow for an animator. Please fix this. I like animate but if this is the way it is now ill be moving over (and im sure many others) to toon boom or something else thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. I suggest sharing your feedback with the team using this link http://adobe.ly/1Ov9omX

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why don't Adobe team members do it themselvese? too much to ask? these issues are not specific to a computer, lots of people are having those and there seem to ne no one in Adobe who looks into this stuff, it's been like this for YEARS as many other issuaes with illustarotor etc. since you are here reading these comments you could bring it up to a proper person in the company...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exactly describes my issue too. Looping playback at 12 FPS, the playback head "sticks" at frame 2 *regardless* of what's in the timeline. Even if you only have a single layer with a blank keyframe, playback delays at exactly frame 2 of the loop. Issue seems to have appeared around v 19 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue here, playback ALWAYS lags at the 3rd frame, whether it's looped or not. When it's not looped it lags ath the 3rd frame of the project, but if I have the loop enabled it lags at the third frame of the looped part, and because of that it's hard to estimate if the loop works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom way out, it might play just fine without having to Test Movie. It's not a great fix because the stage look so small, but it works on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well,, that worked - at least 1 useful answer - thanks!. hower you off course want to see it in 100% view.

this issue is one of many redicules issues with adobe apps that no one seems to care about, can't they just have a designer there with an avarage computer that would tell them about all these? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry if i'm late to this discussion, but i found the setting in the tiny timeline menu at the far top right of the timeline. select Match FPS. Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool, it did make it better in terms of the overal rythm but it's still jumpy on the Tweens, the tweens are the main issue (besides the Animate team off course 😞 zooming out get you the most realistic result just in small 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Free Transform tool is NOT selected during playback. For some reason playback crawls significantly when it's selected. Also go to View > Preview Mode to select a different setting (might help).

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's totally an issue, it's like the whole feature is actually useless if it doesn't play in the propper rate, u just have to save as a movie (also flash player preview sucks btw(

it lags on the claasic tween, always

and there's a couple of slightly helful replies here about the soom and "match FPS" thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines