• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

surface device wintab pen error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if the subject's vague, I just didn't know how else to put it.

Basically, (this was two weeks ago) after a while of not using Animate, I opened it and upon selecting the brush tool noticed that the pressure sensitivity (and the tilt) option was gone. After doing some research, I discovered I needed to install a WinTab driver, so I did. After installing the drivers and restarting my computer, I opened Animate again and the pressure sensitivity was back. However, when I eagerly began to draw, something happened. Yes, the pressure was back, but now there was another issue.

Wherever I placed my pen on the screen, there would immediately be a long line directly up and then the brush would draw about an inch and a half above where my surface pen actually was on the screen. I've been looking for a solution for the past week and a half, and I can't seem to find anything. Today, I uninstalled the WinTab driver and the line issue is gone, but so is the pressure sensitivity.

Is there a permanent fix to this? Please help.

I also don't want to reinstall the WinTab drivers because it messes with Paint Tool Sai, and that's my main drawing application along with Photoshop.

TOPICS
Error , Missing feature , Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences > Drawing > Tablet Input > Windows Ink (Beta)

Clipboard-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences > Drawing > Tablet Input > Windows Ink (Beta)

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines