• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

symbol jerks during tween if symbol is slightly rotated at the start

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had this issue for awhile but am finally trying to get an answer as to why it is happening and if there is a solution.

when i animate a symbol using either classic or standard motion tween, if the symbol is rotated slightly at the beginning of the animation then it will jump a little at the start and end of the tween even if i do not move/scale/rotate/etc the symbol during or at the end of the tween

it use to be an intermittent problem but now it appears it does it all the time–so much so–that it is affecting my productivity trying to find a fix for the problem

if anyone has any insight on this issue please let me know, i have attached a link to a youtube vid i created showing exactly what is happening and please feel free to see if you can recreate the issue yourself just so i have some clarity if it is a machine specific issue or if it is indeed software related

system specs:
processor:  intel xenon CPU E5-2667 v4 @ 3.20GHz (dual)
RAM: 128 GB
graphics card: Quadro K1200

here is the youtube link: flash jitter problem with tweens - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Hi mate,

I understand!

Very unpleasant indeed.

However, you don't really have to break apart the original symbol that is at an angle. You can create a wrapper around it, i.e. convert the symbol to a symbol and that way retain the original for future quick editing everywhere.

All you need is one duplicate key or a Pseudo-key to separate the two containers in a tween.

Or I'd rather duplicate that one key on a new layer right on top of the original so that I can slide both (the original and the nested i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably related to flash repositioning objects to the nearest .05 pixel.  that said, i don't see a reason why the first and last frames of your object would be different so i would say that's a bug - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Yeah, it's very easy to reproduce.

In CS6 if you key all the frames of the tween it some cases it locks them and they don't jump.

In latest AnCC 2019.2 this seems to not help.

In AnCC 2019.2 in my case I applied a rotation of -1.7° to the original key, duplicated it and tweened between the two.

Then converted all the frames of the tween to keys. The new in-between 'keys' have a rotation of -1.6°

I also made a test in Flash 8. It doesn't even want to take numerical input such as -1.7°. The moment you press enter you see -1.6°

Tween jumps again and the tween frames converted to keys have value of -1.5°.

In fact these symptoms are observed with any rotation. Try -30°. In the tween frames it goes to -29.9°.

The larger the object and the further away from the Transformation point, the more prominent the jump for obvious reasons.

The difference seems to be that in some versions (in some situations) if you convert the tween frames to keys, these keys get the same rounding/rotation as the original keys, so you get rid of the jump; in other versions the only way to not experience this it to not have tween without movement, i e. tween between identically transformed keys.

So in conclusion: If you don't want jumping arrows, don't tween between identically transformed keys

There is another problem related to this and it's that the engine is incapable of smoothly tweening small rotations over long tween spans. Again, I believe this is due to rounding and lack of increments to distribute the rotation smoothly, but also possibly - poor calculations and some fundamental problem that has been around for decades.

This is all well-known within the character animation community/industry.

Best

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the response, unfortunately, keying all the frames is too convoluted of a fix as i make changes to animation lengths too often and i would be constantly keying/unkeying and that would slow down my productivity.

i do a lot of fading using opacity in my tweens and to have it jump for even that basic of a tween is so very frustrating. my current fix is to angle the symbol, break it, then create a new symbol with it already angled, which sucks if i have to once again angle it for some reason. also, if i have to create a new graphic symbol with an object already angled everytime i want to angle and animate it it defeats the purpose of using symbols in the first place cause then i would have to hunt down every associated version of that symbol if i want to make a global change and change them individually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I understand!

Very unpleasant indeed.

However, you don't really have to break apart the original symbol that is at an angle. You can create a wrapper around it, i.e. convert the symbol to a symbol and that way retain the original for future quick editing everywhere.

All you need is one duplicate key or a Pseudo-key to separate the two containers in a tween.

Or I'd rather duplicate that one key on a new layer right on top of the original so that I can slide both (the original and the nested inside a second wrapper) left and right for re-timing.

I will also send you a PM in a few minutes

Hope this helps

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@n.tilcheff yes that works and i have actually done that in the past it, but it is convoluted and then when i need to make adjustments i have to break it out once again and that is time consuming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines