Highlighted

Symbol within Symbol Editing

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble in adobe animate cc editing a group of symbols that I made.  When I click on the group of symbols, it takes me to another layer which I can edit but when I exit out of the layer I edited within the symbol I created, the edits I made did not appear in the animation.  I am trying to take the group of symbols I made, split them apart, and then tween them move in different directions.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

if the symbols are really grouped, click the group>modify>ungroup.  if you really mean to say you have a stage of symbols that you want to tween, you won't be able to ungroup them.

anyway, once ungrouped (if they're grouped), select the group>right click over the group>click distribute to layers.  you can now tween each symbol.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Symbol within Symbol Editing

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble in adobe animate cc editing a group of symbols that I made.  When I click on the group of symbols, it takes me to another layer which I can edit but when I exit out of the layer I edited within the symbol I created, the edits I made did not appear in the animation.  I am trying to take the group of symbols I made, split them apart, and then tween them move in different directions.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

if the symbols are really grouped, click the group>modify>ungroup.  if you really mean to say you have a stage of symbols that you want to tween, you won't be able to ungroup them.

anyway, once ungrouped (if they're grouped), select the group>right click over the group>click distribute to layers.  you can now tween each symbol.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2019 1