Highlighted

What will happen for Flash after 2020 - advice & comment please

Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

iam working with action script & flash. I read some articles that after 2020 Adobe is going to stop flash. What will happen to flash lessons and flash professionals. Can I create apps with Air? will they stop that also? need your advice and ur views friends. Is there any alternate software same like Flash. Please share you points. I need ur advice. What should I do next.

Tanks and Regards,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

Flash Pro is now called Adobe Animate, and it continues to be developed. New features are being added to ActionScript, and SWF is being improved. SWF can be used in AIR applications, using the desktop Flash Player application, standalone projectors, or in a browser plugin. It's the browser plugin that will not be developed after the end of 2020. SWF itself is still being worked on beyond that.

Adobe Animate does also publish to HTML5 Canvas and other formats, so you have nearly three years to get used to those features too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What will happen for Flash after 2020 - advice & comment please

Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

iam working with action script & flash. I read some articles that after 2020 Adobe is going to stop flash. What will happen to flash lessons and flash professionals. Can I create apps with Air? will they stop that also? need your advice and ur views friends. Is there any alternate software same like Flash. Please share you points. I need ur advice. What should I do next.

Tanks and Regards,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

Flash Pro is now called Adobe Animate, and it continues to be developed. New features are being added to ActionScript, and SWF is being improved. SWF can be used in AIR applications, using the desktop Flash Player application, standalone projectors, or in a browser plugin. It's the browser plugin that will not be developed after the end of 2020. SWF itself is still being worked on beyond that.

Adobe Animate does also publish to HTML5 Canvas and other formats, so you have nearly three years to get used to those features too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends, pls pass ur advice and comment. it will be useful for my career and work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to Adobe Animate CC (formerly Flash Professional) - General Forum]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This recent tweet is also worth keeping in mind:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If history has told us, Animate CC (formerly Flash) is here to stay for a while longer. As a content creation tools it is continually being improved and new features are being added. I've been using it since Flash 3 was around 1999. Flash helped give me a career in animation I otherwise probably wouldn't have had for the last couple of decades. It's now 2018 and I see new improved features that I can't talk about because I'm on the prerelease team and that would break NDA. Just know that it's here to stay and the Animate engineering team is full dedicated and connected to its user base in terms of how we use the application and where we'd love to see it go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 2