• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Introducing Clip Markers for Multitrack in Audition (Beta)!

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pleased to introduce you to the new functionality of Clip Markers in Multitrack in Audition (Beta 23.3). The enhancement makes it possible to add, edit & move clip markers for each individual track inside the multitrack mode.

Our team has been working hard to deliver one of the most requested asks from you and we would love your feedback to get better!

Overview:

You can now create clip markers in Multitrack view along with the existing functionality of session markers

Creating a clip marker

• Select any of the tracks on the multitrack view and use the shortcut key ‘M’. A clip marker will be created on the selected clip at the current play head position.
  • Alternatively, insert a clip marker through the edit menu option or the marker shortcut in the markers panel
  • Chose the marker type & convert markers into range markers
  • Merge multiple range markers & perform the necessary operations

VaibhaviJani_0-1677071315580.png

Creating a session marker – When none of the tracks are selected a marker addition step will create a session marker.

VaibhaviJani_1-1677071315649.png

Editing a multitrack clip marker – Edit a clip marker from the multitrack view itself.

VaibhaviJani_2-1677071315706.png

Moving a clip marker – Move a clip marker within the multitrack view by moving the marker head.

VaibhaviJani_3-1677071315727.png

Markers panel – View all the clip markers & session markers across by selecting the top right icon in the markers panel.

VaibhaviJani_4-1677071315752.png

Additional points:

• The markers will be consistent across the waveform & multitrack view. You can add markers in either of the modes and the changes will reflect across both the modes.
  • Limitations – clip markers in multitrack won’t be applicable for remixed & stretched clips.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the Update. Looks good so far.

I hope in the final Version there will be some additional "Makeup" Edits like

- Grouping Markers in the Marker Panel

- Editing the Marker Color for better Viewing and Customization (See here Photoshop, etc.)

- Moving a Group of Markers

- Magnetic Markers

- Question: Will those be like Chapter Marks in ID3 tags or MP3 for Podcasts?

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Henrik. We have noted your feedback. We are still under the process of finalising the points you mentioned above. We plan to make incremental changes on Markers over a period of time. Shall keep you posted. 

Best,

Vaibhavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The function I'm looking for is to be able to select a group of clips and markers in a multitrack Audition session and copy, paste, or move those clips and markers, altogether. I want to be able to move segments of audio around within a session, or copy them into a new session, with the markers I've created intact. I know I'm not alone in wanting this.

From what I can tell, this new feature does not meet this need. Is that correct? If it is possible to do this and I'm just not understanding how, please tell me what I need to do. The instructions above don't make it clear.

Thank you,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for this new update. I hadnt realised this was now an option. As a podcaster this will be extremely helpful. 

Looking forward to trying in my next edit. 

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole feature is really causing slow down, is there a function to to turn this off.  Every time I click on a clip it tries to populate the markers list and then when i click off it it populates the multitrack markers and over time this is causing the whole program to slowly get more and more unresponsive. I do not have this issue with versions of auditions prior to this.

Just a toggle to only have multitrack markers would be my most desired feature right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'd like to turn 'clip markers' off and retain 'session markers' funcionality. Is this possible? Can anyone help? Thanks. R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I have found that if you close and open the markers window it can solve it switching back and forth for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This has been the most frustrating "feature" ever released. I'm trying to create session range markers and it keeps marking the clip I'm wanting to use as the edges of the range. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. This new feature makes it more difficult to add session markers, especially when dealing with multiple tracks (multitrack session). Very annoying, wish I could turn it off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources