• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

you totally messed up the EFFECT panel : major bug and crashes, AE Beta almost unusable

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just downloaded the latest version of AE, and what a surprise : the EFFECT panel is a total disaster (how can you publish and update, even in Beta, with such a bug ?)

When, in your main comp, you open a precomp and add effects on a layer, if you go back to the main comp and use the EFFECT panel on any layer, it goes directly to the last layer of the precomp !

Managing to see the proper effect of the proper layer is then really hard, you have to click on all the layers randomly until the EFFECT panel finally displays the effect of your layer.

And even that way sometimes it goes into the precomp and displays the effect of the layer in the precomp.

AE became totally unusable

Worse : if you manage to see the proper effect of your layer, and modify datas, sometines it randomly goes to the layer in the precomp, show its effects, while still displaying the dropdown menus or text aera of the effect you were mofifying in the main precomp. And then : it crashes

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Hi @alexv50240868,

Thank you for reporting these issues. We are investigating both the crashes you've mentioned and the issue with the Effect Controls panel.

Regarding the Effect Controls issue, would you be able to share a screen recording of the issue as it occurs? We haven't yet been able to reproduce it in our investigation. It's possible that it is related to a certain setup in a project.

Thanks for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this bug report, i confirm that I can't use AE Beta 24.2.0 (Build 14) other than doing a CMD-S after each action. Otherwise, it crashes so easily that all i did after last save is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alexv50240868,

Thank you for reporting these issues. We are investigating both the crashes you've mentioned and the issue with the Effect Controls panel.

Regarding the Effect Controls issue, would you be able to share a screen recording of the issue as it occurs? We haven't yet been able to reproduce it in our investigation. It's possible that it is related to a certain setup in a project.

Thanks for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will record my screen, but one thing i can tell you to reproduce the bug, is that the issue is happening when i drag the EFFECT panel under the PROJECT panel

... this, is my workspace for small monitors (eg. when i work only with my 14" laptop)

It happens too when I drag the EFFECT panel on the left of the COMPOSITION panel

... and this is my workspace for my 32" monitor (then I can have the PROJECT panel and the EFFECT panel direclty available, not tabs, more productive)

It seems that when the EFFECT panel is at its default place, as a tab, close to PROJECTS, everything works as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue can be found in both AE 24.1, 24.3, 23.6. The effects control panel, if you click into it or drag an effect into it, jumps into a different composition. If you detach the window, the effects control panel does not update to the selected comp. Behavior is normal until several comps and effects are added to the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I am facing the same exact problem. (AE v24.4 as well as AE beta ver).

Not sure if thats the case for everyone, clearing the cache from (edit > purge > all cache) helped me out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition, for certain circumstances, closing all the unnecessary tabs in AE sometimes help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources