Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fake AI Misleading photos - how to report

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Central Park NYC AI Gen Photo 

How do photos get accepted by Adobe? Central park lake does not have an island. How does one report this I see no way to flag it

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Hello @trishaw19134217, I see the issue you're referencing and I've sent these details to be reviewed internally. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the image.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems there are lots of problems in this image. And also other AI images of Central Park at Adobe. Important: 'Editorial use must not be misleading or deceptive'. But may non-editorial images be misleading or deceptive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also images from other cities around the world are totally far out ...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that AI images that purport to represent a particular place need to be accurate. On this page:

Generative AI Content (adobe.com)

it says:

Don't: Describe or depict subjects or locations in ways that may mislead buyers.

However, I find many, many AI images of "places" that don't look at all at the places they purport to be. I visited Norway in June, and have some beautiful images from Bergen, so I searched on "Bergen" to see what's already in the database. I was shocked at the number of Bergen AI images that don't look at all like the historic places I visited. Hopefully "Buyer beware" applies, and Buyers will steer away from this type of content.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps @Contributor1 can refer this one back to the moderation staff. It violates one of the AI rules:

Don't: Describe or depict subjects or locations in ways that may mislead buyers.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @trishaw19134217, I see the issue you're referencing and I've sent these details to be reviewed internally. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the image.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should ban AI generated real locations. They can never be completely true to life, only more or less similar. Some of them are completely far-fetched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. If a Buyer wants an image of Central Park in NYC they don't want one that looks kinda sorta like Central Park. I suppose those Buyers will just exclude AI from their search criteria.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anything under "Photos" AI shoud either not be permitted or should be turned off by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe allows Gen AI images to be submitted under file type "Photos" if they are "photo realistic". I think that was a mistake, as leaving it up to the Contributor to determine if their image is "photo realistic" is asking for an abuse of the system.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no doubt cases of abuse. But the real problem is that most people don't understand what photorealisic REALLY looks like. Skin that looks like that of a Disney character is not photorealistic. Fingers melded together like a mitten is not photorealistic. A surrealistic image of a woman relaxing on a cloud is not photorealist, no matter how well the subject is rendered. We are at the mercy of the moderators to understand which is which and reject/accept as appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a buyer is looking for a picture of Central Park or any other location, it is not their job to find out if it is realistic. Not all buyers know what AI is - and certainly not that the images are misleading. Then Adobe must state that the AI ​​images do not show the correct locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Moderation team cannot be expected to know what each place on earth really looks like; therefore, they should just reject any AI image that refers to a real location. AI Contributors should be limited to descriptions such as "A centrally located park with an island in the center in a major metropolitan city of high rises" - instead of Central Park, New York City.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started