• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity Artifacts

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having a problem with the mesh that i want to turn transparent, where does apears artifacts, like triangulate geometry in the mesh. How can i solve this ? I'm importing the mesh from Blender, and try to redo the uv mapping, exporting on obj, and fbx, and a number of different things !!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Hi Kim,

Thanks to your message, I was perfectly able to reproduce the issue by triangulating the mesh before importing it inside Substance 3D Painter.

OpacityArtifacts.png

I'll talk with the team to investigate on where the issue comes from and I'd advise you to import the meshes in quad for now. (as @Kim28589125w1ip said, the artifacts shouldn't appear in quad)

OpacityNoArtifactsQuad.png

I'll write the answer down this thread as soon as I have one.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
13 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are there any overlaps in your unwrapped UV islands?

Is the same material on the front and back and is the thickness such that the front and back surfaces are not colliding.

It may be easier to post the model

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply !!

Theres no Overlap in the Model, its the same material, i was only tasting the opacity in the mesh, because i had problemas in the past. So i put a fill layer and aplly color and drop the opacity. And the tickness ar not colliding too.

I send you a DM on how to submit the model for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for sending the model. It's not the bake or the unwrap and I can replicate the issue here using the pbr-metal-rough-with-alpha-blending shader when opacity is between 1 and 0 i.e not fully transparent or solid.

I tried with a few different models and could not replicate exactly, but I did see different shading issues with those same values.

I'll tag Adobe's @GeoffroySC to see if he can help, or if this is a known issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the effort on trying to sove my problem, and sorry fow made you waste your time. I will continue to try solve this issue.

Thankss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a waste of time at all. I am interested in seeing what Adobe staff can advise on this one.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks any way, i hope they solve this  !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now do you know how to fix this problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @hùng289843545vf9,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my side. In a case like this one, I'd advise to make sure the shader is updated via the Ressource Updater.

If you have the same issue @hùng289843545vf9, could you share your model, so I can dig deeper into the problem?

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, which happens with every bottle or similar object I make. I assumed it was something to do with the fact that I had an interior to the object facing inward, and an exterior facing outward, but nobody else on the internet seems to have this issue except those on this thread lol. It looks ot me like every other triangulated edge gets the wrong opacity or something? I noticed it does NOT happen when I don't pre-triangulate in Blender before importing to Substance Painter.Opacity Triangulation Error SP.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,

Thanks to your message, I was perfectly able to reproduce the issue by triangulating the mesh before importing it inside Substance 3D Painter.

OpacityArtifacts.png

I'll talk with the team to investigate on where the issue comes from and I'd advise you to import the meshes in quad for now. (as @Kim28589125w1ip said, the artifacts shouldn't appear in quad)

OpacityNoArtifactsQuad.png

I'll write the answer down this thread as soon as I have one.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue as of version 9.1.0. Any update on a fix? I also didn't see anything indicated within the release notes as an issue so I'm not sure if this got logged as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CAGameDev,

I'm pretty sure this is in our backlog, considering I've reported the issue myself. However, I've no news on my end. I can ask the team, and I'll let you know if I have anything new.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cyril,

Any news on this? Because I still face this problem while working
And I didn't find a good solution, maybe it turned out better for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources