Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enterprise Edition

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I do not want to start the continued stuff like how BC cant do medium business etc. I know a lot of you guys may be wondering on that seeing this but I am just after more information from the BC team for us all please.

Screenshot 2013-12-09 09.31.44.png

SO BC is now offering an enterprise edition and we not heard any mention of this until I saw this. It would be great to get some more information on this please?

1. It says Certified PCI complaint, but all levels of BC hold that dont they?

2. Dedicated infustructure: Could you guys explain this more? With Amazon and how it's infustructure works.. do you mean that with this an enterprise users gets a dedicated virtual machine?

3. What is the support difference between the PAB/Partner support and the enterprise support?

Thanks

TOPICS
Partner advisory board

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting, thanks for sharing Liam!! I am anxious to hear Adob'es response on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch Liam! I see this now on the BC pricing page:

http://www.businesscatalyst.com/pricing/yearly

I'd love to know more as well, especially since we recently signed up a large enterprise client and we're going to be hosting over 30 of their sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This pod is actually based on your feedback that you would like to see BC starting to support more clients in the big leagues. We wanted to test and see what these types of customers would need and one of the best ways to test is actually to ask them directly.

What this pod does is just offer some ideas, and then asks the partner to send an e-mail to enterprise@businesscatalyst.com that actually lands in my inbox. We have not done any development on this, and have not created any specific featrues for an enterprise plan. We are currently just investigating what these customers would need and how we could help them out.

To the point:

• PCI - all partners get that, we just wanted to emphasize it a bit in this plan
  • Dedicated infrastructure - with Amazon it is very easy for us to create a dedicated database or a dedicated server just for one site, removing high spikes of traffic and their potential risk from the regular datacenter infrastructure. We have already tested this out with one customer who had a campaign on TV and expected a surge of traffic, and the setup worked great. In the past we had to take down sites with surges in traffic just to protect the datacenter and make sure we do not kill all the sites on that infrastructure, so this worked out great.
  • Dedicated support - I would say that this is flexible, depending on what the needs are. Most partners do not get the level of attention that a PAB support case would get, so we start from there. But, in case of this enterprise customers we would also have for example dedicated OPS/infrastructure support - when you have a separate infrastructure you need help in that area. Or on call for the exact time of the traffic surge - if your show where you feature broadcasts at a certain time, we would make sure to have level 2 on call and available in case something happens. Again, because this is just in testing phase it is not clearly defined and would vary from one customer to another.

So far the type of requests that came through offered a rough idea of what is needed. Some of them can be supported right now (infrastructure requests for example), to some of them we unfortunately had to say no because we would need to develop dedicated features and are not ready for this, whatever the price paid by the customer.

If you have some customers that you think might fit the bill send me some details and I can work out an estimate with our team and let you know if it is doable. Just a cautionary note, the pricing for this does go into the enterprise area, so expect things with 4 digits for dedicated infrastructure setup or high loads in traffic that go way beyond the 1TB included in the plans.

Magda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Magda. I'm a big supporter of this option being added to the website.

Would be great if enterprise plans could come with some advanced CRM / Reporting etc features. You'd see a lot of clients take up if that was an option.

But I understand at the moment it's about dedicated hosting and support. Maybe one day

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other note I noticed Webbasic is now gone.

Will this be what the CC people get only now and not availible as a plan?

IF this is the case that is good, I saw a lot of CC people get confused with what BC is and has compared to what they actually had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Liam,

Yes, the WebBasics will be discontinued as a separate plan, and only be available for CC users. For now we have taken it off the pricing page, but people can still buy it in the Admin interface when pushing the site live.

Step 2 will be to completly remove it from the admin all together. People that have bought it in the past will still have it as their plan, but no new plans will be available for sale and we will no longer allow downgrading to it.

The public announcement for this will go out once the plan is removed from admin as well, sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Magda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines