• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums don't support liquid?

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's extremely rare that i ever actually need to use the forum features for BC... But it still surprised me when I've gone to use them and seen that the forums don't support liquid reference of any kind - no data what so ever is outputted. It's almost as if the forum feature was completely forgotten about. Between not supporting liquid, and not having SEO friendly URL's, it's pretty much an unusual feature for most.

Out of curiosity, does any one have a link to a BC site with a decent forum?

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Forums are a strange old bit of a mess. Even before Adobe owned BC.

I have not seen one site with a decent BC forum.

Sub domain and external solution, but forums are a rare thing in themselves these days anyway, facebook groups and so on.

Even linked in groups are struggling because of things like Slack and things like facebook groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums are a strange old bit of a mess. Even before Adobe owned BC.

I have not seen one site with a decent BC forum.

Sub domain and external solution, but forums are a rare thing in themselves these days anyway, facebook groups and so on.

Even linked in groups are struggling because of things like Slack and things like facebook groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more with you there Liam. External solutions are much better for most situations. But occasionally (like now for myself) you get a client that's amendment they want to use the system they're already paying for, even if there are better free solutions. So it just ends up being a constant back and forth, of them wanting something they see in these external tools, but BC can't offer.

It just something i hope they update in the future, and improve upon. Even if it's just to offer a more constant level of control to developers. None support for liquid was the big thing that surprised me with the forums :/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess it doesn't matter anymore, the BC forums were built from an earlier version of what the classic ASP Snitz Forums 2000 was also built on way back when BC was monkey.biz and ran VBScript ASP. This evolved over time obviously but these were the original basis of the user database and eventually the CMS. This is why the forum seemed so different to the rest of the site, broke often, and wasn't very template friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines