• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sub sub menu not working

Engaged ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The back end of BC allows me to create a sub sub menu category for my dynamic links but on the front end the sub sub links do not show up.

For example I have a root level menu item of Paintings, then I have a sub menu for Citys, then I have a sub sub menu for Los Angeles. But on the front end, the link for los angeles does not show up in the drop down...

Thanks for any insight...

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Hi action_turtle,

If you create a menu item under a parent, the system will render it as a UL under the parent LI.

So I would have create some CSS to get the sub-sub menus to jump out the right? <<< Correct.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That is not much to go on.

Did you build the site? Did you buy or use a template or are you using Muse?

Can you provide a link to the site at all?

It could be a variety fo things from not actually being added correctly to a CSS problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with the tribeca template and modified from there on. My problem is with the dynamic menu's BC is generating. If you go into the site manager and then go into menus and then add a menu to the root, you have the option to specify if that menu is part of a parent group. So the idea is to make a child menu Screen shot 2012-05-14 at 9.16.20 PM.png and then try to make a child menu whithin that menu. It might just be me being new at this but you would think that when you hover over the stock cities section it would then show the child elements in that category if you set up the right child/parent relationship in the menus section of the site manager ....

Thank you   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh is there where you would use the custom CSS section part in the dynamic menu editor? So I would have create some CSS to get the sub-sub menus to jump out the right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi action_turtle,

If you create a menu item under a parent, the system will render it as a UL under the parent LI.

So I would have create some CSS to get the sub-sub menus to jump out the right? <<< Correct.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also check out the examples I uploaded as part of this document: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1903 to get an idea of the CSS you need for menu dropdowns etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines