• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird CSS changes on website since EOL announcement?

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking to see if anyone can corroborate this here.

I have once recently deployed site that seems to have weird issues since the EOL was announced: CSS goes missing, menus disappeared, just a bunch of strange things.

I know support won't be of any help here because, well, this IS a CSS issue but I've never seen anything like this. I can confirm that nobody would have edited or altered anything unless there was something really sinister going on.

So has anyone had these issues? Could they be related to either server or site migration since the announcement?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As viewed from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

website front-end. Like literally css files are being altered and it’s the most bizarre thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but from public internet access, or from developer preview mode?

BC did appear to make a change recently to more aggressively impose their developer ribbon on preview mode - which really messes with fixed-position headers in my experience (personally, I just nuke it) but other than that I'm not aware of anything else at their end.

If it's happening to your site when accessed anonymously via the internet, then you need to dig into it with the developer panel of any browser, and discover what is overriding your css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Public access. I usually check everything from various browsers.

And yeah, I noticed issues with the developer ribbon so that makes sense.

I've dug into it in developer mode and code that was there previously just isn't there any more. It sounds bizarre and weird but that's just what's happening. I can tell because I have another site for another country and the code is there. And I know for a fact that nobody has accessed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can offer is that I have no such problem with any of my sites - which I know doesn't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tova,

The EOL announcement and your CSS problems are not related. We have not made any changes to the code that might lead to that behaviour. A URL to the site might help us or other fellow community members point you in the right direction on where the problem might come from.

Thank you,

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cristinel,

Some others in the facebook group have reported similar issues, and this is way too coincidental. The issues are just CSS changes so I didn't really feel the need to report for help, just wanted to see if others have had similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines