• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Nikon 24-120mm f/4 lens profile bug

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having consistent issues with the Lightroom profile corrections for my Nikon 24-120mm f/4 (on a D750). The vignetting correction is inaccurate and produces white arcs inset from the corners of the photos, which are most noticeable in shots with a blue sky. It becomes especially problematic when I'm doing an HDR or applying higher levels of Clarity or Dehaze. I cranked up the Dehaze to 100 to accentuate it in this image.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017
This should be correct in Camera Raw 9.4 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Are you noticing this issue with all of your images made with this lens, including the full range of focal lengths?

If you want to send me a few sample images, I can investigate where in the profile the vignette corrections are producing this effect.

If that sounds OK with you, please send me a link to some images at my email address ccastleb@adobe.com

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a quick look at some shots I took this morning and it isn't happening at the wider settings. I definitely see it from about 90mm on - there's the white arc and the corner remains darker than it should be. The one above was at 120mm. I don't have a very good sky for test shots today, but maybe tomorrow it will be clear and I can try the full zoom range. I can also try the lens on my D5300, which shouldn't have any vignetting, and see if the results are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I'm downloading our test images from the release (ACR 6.4) where this lens profile was added. I'll let you know if I see any issues at the telephoto end.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I do see some minor issues with our calibration images. We have since improved our method of generating vignette corrections, so I have a lens on the way I can use to attempt to make some improvements to the profile. No guarantees, but I will give it a shot next week and follow up with you.

Thanks for your patience.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I've made a fix that should smooth out the vignette corrections for this lens and submitted it for inclusion in the next ACR/LR release. I can't reveal when this will be available, but it should be fairly soon. The updated corrections will be in a "v2" profile. For images that you have already applied lens corrections to, you will need to apply the "v2" profile manually. For those that have yet to have corrections applied, the "v2" profile will be selected by default when applying corrections.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, I'll be eager to try it! Thanks, Chris!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should be correct in Camera Raw 9.4 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate