Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: RF 14-35 4f & EOS R edge artifacts in Lens Profile

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RF 14-35 4f & EOS R image artefacts in Adobe LR and PS

Images taken with EOS R body firmware v1.8.0 and RF 14-35 f4 recently purchased from reputable nationwide bricks and mortar shop exhibit stretched/repeated pixels along an edge in the corners.  This seems only to occur from around the 24mm mark, predominantly 26mm to 28mm and occassionally at 32mm.  Turning off lens profile correction causes artefacts to go away.  Moving Distortion slider to zero when the lens profile is enabled corrects the issue.  The issue occurs with RAW, DNG in Adobe RAW, PS and LRc but does not occur in Canon DPP, DXO DNG converter and Rawtherapee or when viewed in camera at max magnification.  The issue does not exist on an R7 body at any focal length.   All Adobe products are up to date.  This is also not LR previews as any exported file, regardless of format contains the artefacts.

I saw one older post on the forums which looked to describe a similar nature artefact problem with another RF lens, though in that case there was a V1 and a V2 profile, and the older profile worked for the customer.  There is only one 14-35 profile I can see.  I also discovered that if you apply a lens profile of another Canon wide zoom (EF included) the issue disappears, at least for the 6 I tried at random.  Disabling the lens profile and manually applying distortion correction shows the same artefacts start to appear under the value of +3 and a value of around 0 to -3 recreates approximatelly the same size of artefact I see when the lens profile is enabled.  It appears the profile needs to be dialed in for the R body.

Attached are 4 files of cropped images showing the nature of the artefacts, the Lightroom sys info file and screen capture section showing adjustment to distortion I found removed the artefact whilst the supplied lens profile is enabled.  It appears the distortion slider that is available with the lens profile applied is a fine tune version as moving this results in far smaller changes but I still had to move it all the way to the left.

Looking forward to a fix, Regards.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Greetings all, 

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all, 

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate