• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 7.3 Updating in PS CS6

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update my Camera Raw from 7.0 to 7.3? I have a Nikon D600 and need to import my RAW(NEF) files for editing. I tried searching the web and found no conclusion. It says to use the 'update mechanism in PS CS6', but I don't know what that means. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help --> Check for Updates

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck Mylennium, I'm on a mac. I guess I should've included that. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Help menu in Photoshop CS6 on Mac is the Updates... command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason it's grayed out, as well as Deactivate and Product Registration. What the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every now and then I have see the same problem - opening an image then checking for updates clears the problem for me.

Go figure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need your help.

When I used PSE 8, I could easily open any .nef files and edit them.

Now with PSE 11, I get an error message that says my camera is now not compatible. I have had a Nikon D600 and use a Nikon ED  AF-S Nikkor VR 24-85mm 1:35-45G, Nikon ED EF-S Nikkor VR 70-300mm 1:45-56G lens and a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm1:35-56G lens too.

The error message says "...file appears from a camera model which is not supported by installed version of Camera Raw ...". Why it PSE 11 not backward compatible?

I bought PSE 11 2 weeks ago. I bought the Nikon from a local camera shop in November 2012.

Per the Adobe website, I have installed DNG patches 7.2, 7.3 and 8.1. None have resolved the problem after fully installing the download (through Finish) and rebooting the PC several times.

I tried to download DNG 7.3, it fails.

Where can I obtain the CS6 file the Adobe website says should resolve the problem too?

I have an HP PC running Windows Vista on a 32 BIT Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you with the installation because I don't do windows, nor  am I familiar with PsElements anymore, but there is no reason for you to be trying to update to an obsolete version of ACR or the Adobe DNG Cenverter; just forget about "7.3".  Go with 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oooops!  I just caught the part about your 32 bit processor and about your having "uploaded DNG patches 7.2, 7.3 and 8.1". 

Those are not "patches" at all but stand-alone applications on their own right.  You don't just install the DNG Converter, you actually have to run the converter in a separate step and convert the raw Nikon NEF files to raw DNG files.  The DNG Converter does not do anything magically or automatically.  Point the DNG Converter to the folder containing your raw files; it works on folders, not on individual files.  But you shouldn't even remotely need the Adobe DNG Converter in the first place.

However, most importantly, what you need to update is your ACR plug-in.  No matter when you buy an Adobe application, it will ALWAYS need to be updated right away, and so do all plug-ins.  What you buy is always the original release, and by the time it's out there it will inevitably be obsolete.

If you go to the Help menu in Elements, I'm assuming it will have a menu item for Updates (or Check for Updates), that should offer to apply any applicable updates to Elements and to ACR plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines