• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW not reading Nikon D750

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Nikon D750 with NIKKOR 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 ED VR. I recently had to redownload Photoshop Elements 12 onto a Windows 10 Pro computer. Previously I had no issue with Photoshop reading my files. I can't get this new download to read any of my RAW files.  I have downloaded all the Camera RAW updates available. Can someone help? Customer service sucked and would not help me. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Previously I had no issue..."   and was that with the same D750 Camera and Ps-Elements version?

All versions of Photohop-ELEMENTS have the Camera Raw integrated in the Install file.

You cannot download and use the ACR Plugin that is available for Photoshop (Full Version).

Elements v12 will only support up to v8.3 of CR

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

The D750 requires v8.7 of CR

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

As I see it- You have two options-

1) Buy the upgrade for Ps-Elements

2) Use the (free) Adobe DNG Converter to chane the Nikon NEF files to raw DNG, then open the DNGs in Ps-Elements.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Adobe workaround and see if it works for you

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@John Waller  With respect, I believe your anser (quoted below)  to this question in 2017 will still apply!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/photoshop-elements-12-camera-raw-updat...

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

"FYI, the last version of Camera Raw which was compatible with Elements 12 was 8.5. You can not install any later version than that in Elements 12. So your options are to either upgrade to Elements15 or use the DNG converter then edit the DNG files in Elements 12"

My amendment to my prevoious post-

"Elements v12 will only support up to v8.5 v8.3  of CR " and that is with compatible OS!

I also think the answer re: "Camera Raw integrated"  is 'Hidden' in the detail..!

From the 'Update' link- "Note: The following is a workaround to update Camera Raw within Elements. It is recommended to wait for Camera Raw updates within the product for issue fixes."

I maintain that the D750 will require DNGs or a Version upgrade.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how you were able to open the Nikon D750 nefs with camera raw 8.5 since the 750 requires at least camera 8.7, but on the off chance you were, in the photoshop elements 12 editor go to Help>Updates to get camera raw 8.5 and the pse 12.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines