• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw revert to earlier version

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you get a previous version of  Camera RAW? I am having problems with the latest version of photoshop and need to go back to the previous version but when I uninstall the current version and install the previous version it brings in the latest version of camera raw and that one doesn't work. The previous one worked just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

You should be able to download a previous version from this link. Just installing the old version should overwrite the new version. If you install an update to PS, it will overwrite the old version though.

What issues are you having with Camera Raw?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to download a previous version from this link. Just installing the old version should overwrite the new version. If you install an update to PS, it will overwrite the old version though.

What issues are you having with Camera Raw?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version is simply dumbed down awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to go back and install the older version of Photoshop, Bridge, and ACR so I could continue editing photos.  Adobe WAS always the gold standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the older version as well because Camera raw would freeze up, I couldn't use the up and down arrow keys sometimes. Overall cumbersome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a word...CROP TOOL.  it just doesn't work the way it did (which was flawless btw).  I spent years editing with Camera raw versions up to 12.1 without issue (just basic stuff...LIKE CROPPING).  Then, with one swing of the axe Adobe screwed up what wasn't broken.    Am I whinning?...maybe, but PS perple have skill our workflow requires using no concious thought to perform. The new Camera Raw violates our learned skills.  You guys trashed CROPPING procedure (maybe other things also) for something "better".   You want to put the tools on the right side, FINE, do it.  We know the symbols, we see them, not a relearn issue.  I limit my complaint to TOOL PREFORMANCE here.

So here I am, in the immortal words of Don Henley "trying to find the passage back to the place I was before".  Not fun.  I will be just fine stuck with 12.1 if I can find out how to get it back.

Why must you "fix" what is not broken rendering obsolete our hard learned skills?  New ways require NEW skills be learned. I am not against learning new things but CROPPING is NOT NEW.  You FORCE us to stop, regroup and relearn a thing we already know VERY well.  How would YOU feel if I rearranged the keys on YOUR piano when you have a concert to play this afternoon?  We need to WORK, we don't need to spend a day figuring out a new way to do what we already KNOW how to do with speedy efficiency.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similarly, it appears that they have completely gotten rid of the perspective correction tool. I've only used this new version, 12.4, since yesterday ... who knows what else I'll find. I did find that they removed the possibility to make default a profile other than Color (which pumps up saturation and contrast) or Monochrome. If I wanted. Adobe seems to think I want them to edit my files. (where are emojis? Insert fuming head here.)

I think about the teams of engineers and UI/UX workers at Adobe ... they must deperate for something to do, some change to the software that they can own, regardless of whether it's actually beneficial to users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it appears that they have completely gotten rid of the perspective correction tool."

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/06/acrv12-3.html

The Optics Panel — The Lens Correction Panel has been renamed to Optics. Use the progressive disclosure triangle to view advanced Profile Correction options. Defringe is now available regardless of whether Profile or Manual is selected (use the progressive disclosure triangle to view advanced Defringe options).

The Geometry Panel — The Transform tool has been relocated to the Geometry Panel where you’ll find all of the Auto Upright, Guided Upright, and Manual Transformation controls.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite simple. Use the following link, but replace 11_4_1_win with the desired version, for example 11_3_win:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/11.x/CameraRaw_11_4_1_win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm not trying to be the guy that just hates everything new so I honestly gave this new one a shot figuring that I just needed to get used to it. 

And then I needed to fix geometry and crop. 

Adobe engineers, if you read this, please go back to the prior way those tools worked. They were seamless and worked well. The new crop tool brings my high end editing computer to a grinding halt when I try to move the crop area around. Something's not right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you; ACR is looking more like a toy than a professional tool. I have a pretty powerful PC and an up to date 4Gb GPU but whenever I move the crop area there's always a lag before it moves and suddenly catches up to the cursor. The PS crop tool is super-smooth with no lag at all.

Also, when I click on any of the group names to expand them (Basic, Curve, Detail, etc.) there's 5 second lag before it opens or closes. Note that it only does that when PS is opening a new image, not when used via the Filter menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, emulating LR in ACR was a bad move! It has broken the functionality of ACR to the max. We don't need looks. We need performance. Otherwise, our productivity goes for a toss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New here but have been using Adobe PS since it originally came out and all other products for 20+ years. So glad I found this thread. May I add that I absolutely cannot stand the new CameraRaw for 2022. I upgraded my Photoshop the other day noticed the CameraRaw tools I had relied on for years to quickly edit product photography taken on a white backgrounds, was completely re-arranged and had changed. I don't understand why when something isn't broken then why fix it? I get making improvements or adding additional tools to the side but forcing people to relearn ways to do their simple workflow tasks for the sake of upgrading the software constantly is getting old. I feel sometimes like software engineers are trying to justify their jobs. The new version is horrible. Thank you for the info in this thread and all others. I went back to an older CamerRaw version and I'm back to working fast again to meet my deadlines. I don't have the time to relearn how to complete my once simple tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New here but have been using Adobe PS since it originally came out and all other products for 20+ years. So glad I found this thread. May I add that I absolutely cannot stand the new CameraRaw for 2022. I upgraded my Photoshop the other day noticed the CameraRaw tools I had relied on for years to quickly edit product photography taken on a white backgrounds, was completely re-arranged and had changed.

And next time you update Photoshop, you'll get the update for ACR as well. So you better turn OFF Auto Update or keep an old installer for an old version of ACR around; until it will perhaps no longer run inside a newer version of Photoshop.

FWIW, Photoshop was released in early 1990.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to add my 2 cents to agree with every complaint I am reading. I will say CRZ 12.3 adds a few useful (to me) tools but the disappearance or complication of old standards should shame Adobe for all the reasons other posters note.

I cannot find the eyedropper thing-y that used to live in the toolbar. It permitted one to click at a point in the image so that doing so rendered that point as neutral middle gray -- RGB 128/128/128. If that is still available in 12.3 somebody please tell me where.

That defect alone is enough to downgrade. But it is enraging that useful new tools then are out of reach.

Good grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll also reply to my own post with a smirk. I see I'm tagged a 'Community Beginner'. That may be so on this thread. However I have only been using Adobe products since 1994 and PS 2.5.1. So what would I know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with all the comments too. The new versions of Camera RAW have increased my workflow and edit times. Really bad idea to emulate Lightroom layout. And now whenever I update Photoshop it automatically updates RAW even though I specifically never update that manually any more. Nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is REALLY bad and confusing to land in this layout here

HBeil_0-1613746448524.png

These hidden fields with new namings are somewhat replacing the tabs that used to be . But Raw still has tabs on the right side. And this is where the confusion starts. Every Tab reüplaces the Selection UI completely . No real logical conclusion where you are and why. The settings we are used to are now a brush setting. Which may come in handy at times - in SPECIAL situations. But the general editing field is just plainly aweful. So aweful it is rather an annoyance to use and I then am tempted to click Auto on average jobs and let it be. This is NOT an encouraging and self explaining tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to this update for a few reasons. But I'll echo the complaints here. I used Camera RAW and not Lightroom deliberately. It had almost everything I needed one click away. Now they're several clicks and hidden, and some functionaltiy has disappeared. Net result: it takes longer to prep photos.

To make it worse, there was no option to update/not to RAW, or even any warning of the massive GUI (and thus workflow) changes to RAW when updating Photoshop — and the latter was a necessary upgrade, because the layers/folder behaviour on the old version of PS was buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember guys that you can easily revert back to a previous version of RAW.

It's not ideal and we shouldn't have to go about doing this but it is possible so all is not lost. 

I just hope at some point Adobe do something about this as earlier versions will obviously lack certain improvements of later versions. For me and for now it's worth the sacrifice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks. I get that. But it's a PITA, since Adobe tends to leave bugs in earlier versions, so you end up at some point either having to upgrade and put up with changes you don't like, or stay put and put up with bugs that get in the way.

They key point here for me is that from an end user POV, these are two separate apps. Yet every time you update PS it auto updates RAW too. Which is silly. wish they'd just give us a tickbox to decide whether we want to update RAW when we update PS!

(And if there's a major change to the GUI and workflow implications from that, don't give it a .x numberr for the update. Warn us! I had a job to do yesterday, and updated PS because the bug prevented me getting it done... didn't really have time to learrn a whole new raft of RAW 'features'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines