• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant uninstall camera raw

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the title says, im trying to remove adobe creative cloud from my pc. however its being halted by saying i cannot remove this program until all corresponding apps have been removed. Camera raw is the only thing downloaded and there is no option for me to uninstall it. so im in limbo, does anybody who has encountered this issue have a resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

As far as I know, Camera Raw is just a plugin and can be manually deleted. In Windows it's located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi.

Why do you want to uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Camera Raw is just a plugin and can be manually deleted. In Windows it's located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi.

Why do you want to uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshuaf,

Camera raw is built in plugin that comes with Photoshop and Bridge apps. It cannot be uninstalled as it required by both the apps.

You may Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and also uninstall Camera raw app.

Please explain the issue you're facing in more detail with a brief description of your workflow, why do you want to remove the Camera raw app?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to uninstall it because the adjustment brush stopped working. I figured I would uninstall and then reinstall. I hoped that would fix my problem. Is there a simpler way to do it? Is there a setting I possibly screwed up? I'm good at messing things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I want to uninstall it because it is 160MB wasted on something I will never use. I'm glad I was able to find the answer here. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gameprof wrote:

For me, I want to uninstall it because it is 160MB wasted on something I will never use. I'm glad I was able to find the answer here. 🙂

And next time you update Photoshop, back it will be. Rinse and repeat.

Seems like unnecessary work doing this for each update of PS to save a tiny amount of HD space. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Camera Raw is only a plug-in, the only way to remove it is to go to the folder and manually delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. The Akash post through me off. Photoshop and Bridge still work I just don't have Camera Raw under filters. I will reinstall soon and I hope that fixes the adjustment brush as I use it a lot. Again, thank you. 

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to uninstall it, because the new version is super slow, freezes when cropping and it makes me lose lots of time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some years I have opened files in Lightroom and edited some in Photoshop. (I am a subscriber and have the latest updates). Camera Raw has never appeared. I can edit just fine.   Today, however, every time I try to open a file, there is a long delay then Raw opens.  I want to return to yesterday when I never had to mess with Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team

After instalation of ACR 3.1 could no longer assign keywords to tif and jpg files as we did before without any problem. The solution to get my life back was:

- go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\ and delete "Camera Raw.8bi." as it works as uninstal.
- I install the version 11.4.1 and voilá..all now runs as previously..

hope it helps

all the best for 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Camera Raw; it's just there with the Creative Cloud. Today I downloaded a photo from a stock photo site and it's opened in Camera Raw. I can't move it to Photoshop to do what I want with it. I can't close Camera Raw (or at least I can't find out how to). Really, I just want Photoshop and Bridge not this damned thing. 

How to I get rid o f it? I have a default set to open photos in Photoshop, not this thing. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@margaretb4456358 wrote:

I've never used Camera Raw; it's just there with the Creative Cloud. Today I downloaded a photo from a stock photo site and it's opened in Camera Raw. I can't move it to Photoshop to do what I want with it. I can't close Camera Raw (or at least I can't find out how to). Really, I just want Photoshop and Bridge not this damned thing. 

How to I get rid o f it? I have a default set to open photos in Photoshop, not this thing. Please help.

Everytime you update Photoshop, it's going to get installed. Better to simply set the preferences so it doesn't 'open' JPEGs or TIFFs and leave it alone. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem, suddenly in the middle of work. So what "preferences" am I setting and where do I find them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carley21813686vz3b wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem, suddenly in the middle of work. So what "preferences" am I setting and where do I find them?

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines