Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm gfx 50s RAWs

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe

When will ACR/Lightroom be able to handle RAW files from the new Fujifilm gfx 50s?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test driving it today with the intent to buy the GFX50s and i'm unable to unleash it's full potential as currently nobody supports it's RAW capabilities. Could you give us an indication of when this will be possible with LIGHTROOM.

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe get this sorted we have already shot three advertising campaigns with this new camera since taking delivery on Friday and struggling to process our files in Lightroom - others already support this RAW format should we just change and drop Adobe Lightroom altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes time for Adobe to add support for each new camera. You only received delivery on it last Friday. You are being a little unrealistic with your demands. If Adobe acquired images in time, you could expect support in the upcoming update for Lightroom and Camera Raw. If not, then it will be necessary for you to wait for the next update. Brand-new technology requires time  for software to catch up. I know you not like that. I understand that you are a professional. But you should understand the process by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all unrealistic IMHO Jim

If dinky little companies like ON1 can support this format from day one then Adobe who have had 10s of thousands of pounds out of us over the years can make a bigger effort.

We might have received the camera last Friday but pre production cameras and info have been available to the industry for a long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a relatively fixed release schedule of every 3 months. The camera may have been supported, internally, for weeks or months, already, but you won’t see it until the release is public. ON1, being a much smaller company (so you say) may have a quicker release schedule, or is using someone else’s raw-processing library that has no release schedule other than as quick as possible.

Think of ON1’s software release schedule as preparing for a backyard barbeque with a few friends or neighbors, whereas Adobe’s release schedule is like catering a celebrity’s wedding. There is more to lose with Adobe as a publicly-traded company with a billion-dollar market cap so, yeah, they are more careful or at least more methodical and formal about their releases, as they have more to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bruce%20Allinson wrote

others already support this RAW format

Out of interest, can you advise who?

None of the other major Raw software editors such as Capture One Pro, ON1 Photo Raw, ACDSee Ultimate or DxO OpticsPro support it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON1 Photo RAW do support it John that is what we have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know.

Looks like ON1 need to update their supported camera list. I cannot see it mentioned there.

ON1 Photo RAW - Compatible File Types and Supported Cameras – ON1 Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also annoyed that the Fuji GFX 50s Raw files arent supported by Adobe yet. I cant use it for any commercial job. Ive just tried ON1 Camera Raw and it doesnt look like it officially support the new Raw files, some dead pixels, bad quality processing very slow etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be nice to get an idea how long it will take for them ro release an update, Adobe please answer the original poster,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work.
LR camera 9 and no update possible on adobe air. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicolasd39046211  wrote

Still doesn't work.
LR camera 9 and no update possible on adobe air. ...

What program are you looking to update, Lightroom, Camera Raw, or Adobe Air?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightrom.
(Camera raw is ok 9.9.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What doesn't work? Are you not able to update to the latest update? Lightroom has progressed beyond what is required to support your camera. The latest update is Lightroom 10.1.1/CC 2015.10.1. Camera Raw has also progressed to version 9.10.1. The screenshot I posted only lists the minimum version required to support your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i got the same issue
i´m not able to open or import the RAF files of my gfx 50S. And yes, i updated my programs or creative cloud tells me so...but it doesn´t work. Whats the problem ??
Thank you ! i´m nearly done cause i really need those pictures 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dennisk8802648  wrote

And yes, i updated my programs or creative cloud tells me so...but it doesn´t work. Whats the problem ??

Can you confirm the version you are running?

The reason I ask is that there is a nasty bug in the Lightroom updater. When updating to 6.12 (or CC 2015.12) the updater sometimes encounters an error and reverts you back to 6.0 (or CC 2015.0) but says the update was successful. The Cloud desktop app also reports that Lightroom is up-to-date when it's not.

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info. Which Lightroom version is shown? (First line in the white box)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines