• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU requirement coming soon for photo editing

Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe states on the "Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (CPU) and troubleshooting" web-page:

" GPU requirement coming soon for photo editing". When can we expect this to happen? Could you please let us know what GPU properties are expected to be good for editing in the next few years?

It would be good to know before I buy a new computer.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warnings like this tend to come out a release or two before the final implementation. All schedules are subject to change so it is difficult to give an exact time. You are probably save to consider the imprecise notification to mean "this year".  System specifications tend to update at the Max release which is in early October this year. 

Following current system requirements is a good indicator for what you need for the next several years. Lightroom Classic use the Camera Raw engine and this is what is said on their page: 

• GPU with DirectX 12 support
  • 4 GB of GPU memory for 4k or greater displays
  • 8 GB of dedicated GPU memory or 16 GB of shared memory for full GPU acceleration 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rikk.

I was just thinking that with for instance the new Sensei Denoise function it is apparent that  more functions of the GPU are used. I have understood that for instance tensor cores are important in denoise, and I suspectsthat more changes like these are taking effect in the near future also for other pediting processes. It would be nice to have a heads up.

I am in the process and buying a new laptop for editing. The Quadro P3200 GPU on my present laptop does not have tensor cores, and it causes the new denoise function to be very slow. It would be nice to know what one has to pay attention to for new GPUs, in addition to memory and Direct X, which clearly are not sufficient even now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how Adobe plans to address persistent bugs ? currently you can switch GPU off till fix comes... and later ? stop using ACR/LR till fix comes ( if GPU usage can't be switched off ) ... 

remember our exchange about my GTX 1070Ti clocking a magnitude slower time in AiNR vs your old GTX970 ? 15.3.1 update came, I installed today and now I clock 1min on 42mp raw ( vs 10-15 min BEFORE 15.3.1 )... so that was ADOBE bug in code for sure ( not my system, not nVidia drivers )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remember our exchange about my GTX 1070Ti clocking a magnitude slower time in AiNR vs your old GTX970 ? 15.3.1 update came, I installed today and now I clock 1min on 42mp raw ( vs 10-15 min BEFORE 15.3.1 )... so that was ADOBE bug in code for sure ( not my system, not nVidia drivers )

By @deejjjaaaa

This one? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/denoise-ai-takes-10-minutes-to-render/m-p/1380...

The usual assumption that ACR/LR code was to blame was incorrect.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"GPU requirement coming soon for photo editing"
Has this been updated?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The changes discussed here were enacted with the Max release on October 10, 2023 and affect Camera Raw versions 16.0 and higher. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.
I agree with the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this also apply to Photoshop Elements?

As far as i know, Photoshop Elements has the GPU turned off in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines