How to uninstall camera raw on mac

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm trying to uninstall Creative cloud from my mac for a few days now. Every time I get an error that there are some apps running. I uninstalled all the apps from Adobe, Creative cloud shows only one app left "Camera Raw" - how can I remove it and finally be able to uninstall Creative cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this doesn't help at all 😞 
I have removed all Adobe applications through the Creative Cloud on my Mac, only Camera Raw is left there, but there is no possibility to remove it through the Creative Cloud:

Julius98A5_1-1617270883172.png

When I launch Adobe Creative Cloud Uninstaller I get an error: 

Julius98A5_0-1617270723362.png
tried to remove Camera Raw plugin from Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/, trash bin is empty, still get the same error with Creative Cloud uninstaller

so what should I do in order to remove Creative Cloud from my mac?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Please someone help! I just want to be dont with these money sucking leaches.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shaunr44407994 

Did you get a solution, yet? I also want to get rid of the creative cloud. Only want to use PSE. I tried this uninstaller (cleaner tool) first and have uninstalled the Camera Raw Plug in. Then I tried again the uninstaller of the Creative Cloud. But there ist the sme message: "couldnt uninstall creative Cloud for desktop...".

Any solution????

Look at the screenshots these are the apps still installed.Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-23 um 20.42.01.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-12-23 um 20.41.44.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about doing this on a Mac, but on Windows, I use the task manager to shut down all processes used by the creative cloud app, then I can uninstall it. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am kinda late to this but you have to go to "Adobe installers" on your mac in the "finder" after that you uninstall all the apps you have on your computer through the uninstaller. After that then you should be able to go to the creative cloud uninstaller last and it should work. Sidenote: Make sure you press remove with all files related to the app or you will have other items that prevent you from uninstalling the creative cloud again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am kinda late to this but you have to go to "Adobe installers" on your mac in the "finder" after that you uninstall all the apps you have on your computer through the uninstaller. After that then you should be able to go to the creative cloud uninstaller last and it should work. Sidenote: Make sure you press remove with all files related to the app or you will have other items that prevent you from uninstalling the creative cloud again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines