• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a custom profile in ACR is not possible > error

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I use the LUT "Crisp warm Look"  very often, I want to make a custom profile for using in Lr. That would make my workflow quicker, because I don't have to open the images in Ps, only to get that LUT.

Glyn Dewis made an how to on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTawgLU7lCk&t=167s.
You create this in ACR. I've tried it with startingpoint Ps-ACR and also with Bridge-ACR.

At first I struggled with the step to make a new profile (via Ps + ACR): tick the 3 dots (=More image settings), press ALT + Create Preset and there is the drop down menu where you can make a new profile.  I press and hold ALT, but when I press Create Preset the drop down menu disappears immediately.
But I found alternative way to do this, via Bridge + ACR: go to Presets, click on Create preset, press and hold ALT and Create Preset and there appears the drop down menu to create a new profile. So far so good.

Then I filled in the drop down menu, see foto 1. I filled it just like the instructor Glyn Dewis did in his YT tutorial. When I pressed enter, I get an error, see foto 2.

What am I doing wrong? Does someone recognises this? I've searched in this forum and om www, but can't find an answer to this issue. Hope someone can help me.

P.s: the Table I want to use is a CUBE file.

1. Screenshot 2023-06-27 211137.jpg2. Screenshot 2023-06-27 211229.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Perhaps resetting the Camera Raw preferences will solve the issue:

Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From where did you get the LUT "Crisp warm Look"?

The error message says

Cannot save the new profile

An unknown error has occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a custom made file, sored on my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is an article that might be helpful in making a custom profile:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2018/04/24/profiles-profiles-work-make

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a new issue with the latest ACR update.  I have a similar problem with a LUT profile I was trying to create as well.  Unfortunately, we can't backdate ACR (that I know of) so we will have to wait for Adobe to come up with a fix I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. But I've this issue since a year ago (when I saw the Tut from Glyn Dewis) and dispite the updates since then it still excists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps resetting the Camera Raw preferences will solve the issue:

Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff! That seems to be the resolution to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, this was driving me crazy, because it was doing it to me as well, but there is a solution we found that is INSANE that it comes down to this, but it works.

1. Open your .cube file (usually text editor on mac)

2. At the VERY LAST LINE, add in a space

And that's it—it should now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines