Copied

My Camera Raw just Dissappeared and I can't find it or reinstall it

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that Adobe Camera Raw is missing. Rest assured, We're here to help. 

What is the version of your macOS? How are you trying to find it? Did you recently uninstall it? Did you try searching in the Creative Cloud Desktop App for the download link?
Please check this article with the link and details of installation: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am on OS 12.1 and have tried twice to reinstall Camera Raw 14_2.  I can’t uninstall it because I can’t find it.  Searchlight can’t find it.  Here is a screen print of what Creative Cloud looks like.  Shows Raw but with no controls.

Would appreciate your ideas.

Emory 7
Sent from my iPad

emoryw87958694_0-1647550610078.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Photoshop to open a raw image file Photoshop will boot the image in the Camera Raw plug-in, you cannot just boot Camera Raw by itself, it requires Photoshop to function.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Finally figurwed out that you can't open a photo on the desktop directly into Camera Raw. Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen-clip of the Desktop App suggests that ACR is "up to date"

Hover the mouse cursor over ACR to see the version installed

Rob_Cullen_0-1647590096884.png

Normally an install of Photoshop will be accompanied by an install of the compatible version of the ACR plugin.

Uninstall and Re-install Photoshop if you think there is a problem with versions.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get an installer for many versions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.  I got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines