• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Brush tool in Camera Raw

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to locate the brush tool in my camera raw, but is just not there. What could be the problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Hi

Press K on the keyboard or click and hold on the masking icon to reveal the options

2021-12-11 09_10_00-Window.png

2021-12-11 09_08_45-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Press K on the keyboard or click and hold on the masking icon to reveal the options

2021-12-11 09_10_00-Window.png

2021-12-11 09_08_45-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it a lot less intuitive than the old UI.  Especially if you need to use multiple occurences.  I don't use Photoshop on too many actual photographs nowadays, so don't get the practice. so when I first needed the local adjustments in the new ACR I found it a bit of a PITA.  I expect the new UI will be better when you work it out, but with 20 years experience, it shouldn't have been even slightly difficult... and it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with that at first too. Adobe changed the icon. The brush is still there but the icon doesn't look like a brush anymore. Someone's practical joke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another shortcut is "M" which brings up the masking panel, and then you can select a variety of masks, including the brush tool.

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use adjustment brushes in camera raw v15? There are a number of free and paid brushes for Lightroom that one can download, but there seems to be no facility to use adjustment brushes within camera raw v15. I've seen videos on how to instal lightroom presets into acr, but that's about it. (spent a lot of time Googling possible solutions but to no avail). Thanks in advance for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify my previous query: Is it possible to use different brushes within ACR, not just an adjustment brush within the masking area. Similar to kelvin Pimont's Lightroom brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what format does "Kelvin Pimont" deliver their presets?  I looked at their video and they are calling them brushes but the are just a Local Adjustment Preset and not limited to Brush Strokes only.  Camera Raw can make use of presets for Local Adjustments. See below for the location:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 8.21.00 AM.png

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I believe that the Lightroom brushes are in the lrtemplate format and can only be used in Lightroom. I now know that you don't have the facility within ACR to use brushes the same way as you use them in Photoshop. Yes, I am aware of the presets in ACR. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, LrC uses an .lrtemplate and Camera Raw uses a .xmp file format. 
This might be a nice target for one of our plugin developers on the forum to create a translation utility. 

Barring that, you could use a raw file to transport the settngs from LrC to CR. 

1.  Open raw in LrC and apply a single brush stroke and apply the desired LrC Local Adjustment Preset
  2.  Save the Metadata to the file
  3.  Open in CR and go to the mask panel, selecting the brush stroke and then saving the Local Adjustment Settings as a CR XMP preset. 

Tedious, yes, but it would get the job done. 

Have you tried contacting the preset vendor to see if they offer an XMP version?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines