No Brush tool in Camera Raw

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to locate the brush tool in my camera raw, but is just not there. What could be the problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Hi

Press K on the keyboard or click and hold on the masking icon to reveal the options

2021-12-11 09_10_00-Window.png

2021-12-11 09_08_45-Window.png

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Press K on the keyboard or click and hold on the masking icon to reveal the options

2021-12-11 09_10_00-Window.png

2021-12-11 09_08_45-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it a lot less intuitive than the old UI.  Especially if you need to use multiple occurences.  I don't use Photoshop on too many actual photographs nowadays, so don't get the practice. so when I first needed the local adjustments in the new ACR I found it a bit of a PITA.  I expect the new UI will be better when you work it out, but with 20 years experience, it shouldn't have been even slightly difficult... and it was.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with that at first too. Adobe changed the icon. The brush is still there but the icon doesn't look like a brush anymore. Someone's practical joke?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another shortcut is "M" which brings up the masking panel, and then you can select a variety of masks, including the brush tool.

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines