• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening into camera raw from lightroom to take advantage of super resolutin

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lightroom classic as primary organization and filing for my imagaes. When I open an image fromm LR to PS it does not open in camera raw.  To use CR I have to then use CR filter.  Super resolution does not appear when opening raw file this way. It only appears if opening directly in CR.  Is there a way to open images that originate in LR directly to CR rather than using filter?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by what you are stating but let's start here:

Super Resolution only works on raws*, and it doesn't work in ACR as a Filter. 

Lightroom doesn't yet have Super Resoution. 

You can create a DNG in the current released version of ACR, save it as a DNG and import that into the current version of Lightroom Classic. 

ACR as a filter is used after opening a rendered image in Photoshop itself. 

*There are ways to open non raws in ACR, not ACR as a Filter. And apply Super ResolutionNot sure you want that or not. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I knew there were workarounds like that.  I had hoped there was a more direct way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If LR doesn't have the feature yet, open the file through Bridge or PS, and it will open in ACR. once you use the enhance feature, ACR will create a new file of it, which you can then import into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I was hoping there was a more direct way.  I'll do it this way until it is available directly in LR.  Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ACR and LR follow each other with most functionality, so I'm sure it will be added to LR soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines