• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw plug in not recognised. Where am I going wrong?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just reinstalled CS5 extended in new PC. All ok but it doesn't recognise RAW files from my Sony camera. Downloaded updated raw plug in which includes the camera details but it still wont recognise the RAW files. Should the plug in be incorporated into the Photoshop program in some way? I appear to be missing something

cheers Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 is the newest version of the plug-in that you can use with Photoshop CS5. Here is a link to the download:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7 Update : Thank You

However, your camera is not supported by that version of Camera Raw. If you want to continue using that version of Photoshop and Camera Raw then the DNG converter is your only alternative. The DNG converter should work without a problem. But you need to be aware that the converter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does your cs5 support that cr and what cr is installed and what sony camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I assume CR means Camera Raw? It was previously included on my last Pc but doesn't appear to be there on the new installation. I have downloaded DGN converter 10.2 from the Adobe site bit it does  not work within Photoshop. My camera is a Sony dsc - rx100m4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need cr 9.1.1 or better and, as explained in message 4, your ps is not compatible.  you need cs6 or better (or continue using the dng converters, also explained in message 4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 is the newest version of the plug-in that you can use with Photoshop CS5. Here is a link to the download:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7 Update : Thank You

However, your camera is not supported by that version of Camera Raw. If you want to continue using that version of Photoshop and Camera Raw then the DNG converter is your only alternative. The DNG converter should work without a problem. But you need to be aware that the converter works at the FOLDER level. When you use the DNG converter you need to choose a FOLDER containing your raw images but don't open the folder. If you open the folder then you will get the message that there are no images to convert. If you want to just convert a single image, drag/drop that single image onto the icon for the DNG converter with the converter closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines