• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW preferences - how to uncheck 'use profile corrections' permanently

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest update, RAW automatically has 'Use profile corrections' under Optics checked as default

I don't want to uncheck it every single time that I open a file; but can't figure out how to end this pain in the butt.

thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can turn off Automatic Lens Correction if it's a built in lens profile.

https://fstoptraining.com/lens-profile-correction/

If you shoot with a micro 4/3 camera such as a Panasonic or Olympus, you should note that lens corrections are applied automatically without your intervention. The same is true of some other cameras, including Leica Q, Fuji X, Sony and a collection of point-and-shoot cameras from Canon.

The lens correction profile is written into the Raw file by the camera. This information is then picked up by Lightroom and applied to the image automatically. You can find out if a lens correction profile has been applied automatically by clicking on the information icon within the lens correction tab.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absolutely never happened before this update.  I use a fisheye almost exclusively as I shoot entirely underwater, with large predators.  This is a giant pain in the ass.  Gonna have to figure out a way to remove the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you're using a camera that writes lens corrections to the raw files in a way that enables Lightroom to apply them automatically, this shouldn't be happening. Nikon Z and Fuji GFX cameras also have this feature (with native lenses).

Check that you aren't applying a preset on import that includes lens corrections.

If that doesn't help, try resetting the preferences.

You can also create a preset for no lens corrections that is applied automatically on import.

Open an image in Develop, and make sure Lens corrections are turned off, and create a new User preset like below.

image_2021-04-23_224239.png

Then go to Preferences > Presets, and set this preset to be used by default.

More information about raw defaults here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

image_2021-04-23_225359.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I was in the Lightroom forum ...

However, you can do the same thing in Camera Raw.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines