• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Image Data Converter

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Image Data Converter opened and automatically associated with Adobe Photoshop.  But I cannot see how to associate the Sony ARW file type with Lightroom.  Any help out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I should have included.  Using OS X 10.12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that immediately.  Association was automatically with the Sony-supplied app "Image Data Converter".  But attempting to use both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC fail.  Both seem to require plug-ins, which I can't figure how to get from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be wrong, but I don't think  you can associate  Lightroom that way. The Lightroom program does not open images. But rather, it opens a database. The way it displays images is through the database technology, and the way to associate an image with the database is to go through the import process in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks again for your information and time.  I'll call Adobe during their regular business hours, and I'll post the corporate answer here (in case anyone else has the same questions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the workflow that includes the SIDC and Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import my (Nikon) RAW files into Lightroom, creating a Lightroom file for the particular event.  I then select and manipulate the "best" photos for printing (or other use); some selected prints can be further manipulated in Photoshop from within Lightroom.  BUT the (Sony) ARW files don't open in Lightroom.  To use them in Lightroom I would have to open in Photoshop, convert to JPEG, & only then import into Lightroom. Ridiculous unnecessary waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the raw files won't open in Lightroom then there are two possible reasons. 1) you are using an older version of Lightroom that doesn't support your camera. 2) your camera is so new that support has not yet been added to the most current version of Lightroom.

If you are using an older version of Lightroom and don't want to upgrade then you can use the DNG converter. That will create a raw file that will open in your older version.

If you are using a very new camera then patience on your part is required. Every camera model must have support added to Lightroom.

What version of Lightroom are you using? What camera model took the images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines