• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super-Resolution DNG files are not compatible with Helicon Focus

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exploring the possibilities of the new Super-Resolution option, I created a few DNG files, and I imported them into Helicon Focus to create a focus stack, as I often do. But the DNG exported from Helicon Focus has the resolution of the original Canon CR2 RAW files that I started with.

I contacted their support, and they suggest that the enhanced DNG files in fact contain two images: one with the original resolution, and one with the enhanced (double) resolution. Helicon Focus uses the smaller one, and this is not easily changed. They suggest trying to export or resave the enhanced DNG as DNG, hoping that only the large image will remain.

Does anyone know what is going on and how this can be fixed? I've tried exporting as DNG in Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw, with no succes.

Helicon Focus' literal answer: "

The problem is that the enhanced dng actually contains two dngs - the smaller and the larger one, and the smaller dng is the first one to be saved and the one to be uploaded to HF.

At this point we don't have a good solution for this. I was hoping that this can be adjusted in enhanced dng saving settings, but there doesn't seem to be an option.

Maybe you can open the image in PS or Adobe DNG Converter and save it again, and maybe in this case only the enhanced image will remain.

Please let me know if you try this option. We'd appreciate if you could share your experience."

I'm on Win10, Bridge 2020 (for a reason), Photoshop 2021, ACR 13.2.0.738, Helicon Focus 7.6.4 Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?