• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open RAW files after the Camera RAW update to 12.0

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Camera RAW on my iMac and I cannot open RAW files. No Camera RAW. The only copy of application is from 2010Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.52.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.00.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.01.05 PM.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are facing while trying to open RAW files in Camera RAW.

Would you mind uninstalling Camera Raw using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool using the steps mentioned in the link below and then uninstall and re-install Photoshop to check if that helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

If uninstalling and re-installing the application and Camera Raw does not work, would you mind sharing some information like operating system version you are using and the location where the files are saved (on the computers internal drive or an external drive) along with the file format?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/system-requirements.html

That happened to me on one of my macs that has Mac OS X El Capitan with photoshop cc 2018 installed, since the creative cloud desktop application said there was a camera raw update available, which turned out to be camera raw 12.0 that wouldn't work on the El Capitan install and i got the same error messages you got before i reverted back to the prior camera raw version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I'm suffering the same problem (but with Sierra); would you be able to explain how you managed to revert back to the previous version of Camera RAW.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Time Machine backup or other system backup you could get the camera raw plugin from there.

The location is the System Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

Otherwise try the 11.4.1 camera raw installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  Managed to roll back using the installer on the page you linked and the issue is now solved.  An update to Mojave has been on the books for a while, but I'm in the middle of a large amount of post at the moment and it's not really top of my list of things to do, so this fix is appreciated!

Interesting that on that page ACR 12.0 is shown as requiring OS X 10.13 or better, yet the auto update function of CC happily updates anyway and breaks things (despite not allowing PS to update due to OS X requirements).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines