• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save the raw conversion settings.

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.13.1

CC 2018

Bridge 2018

Simple way to show a fail.From Bridge 2018 I load images into ACR 10.

From Bridge 2018 I load images into ACR 10. (these can be dng, nef, jpg or tiffSelect All

Select All and perform a visual adjustment. Ex: Crop or change exposure 1 full stop

Click Done.

Update Setting begin and then the Error message attached appears.

Click OK and the update settings and Generate Previews continues.

Everything looks normal but upon closer inspection, one image (either 2, 3, or 4) has not changed.

Load it back into Camera Raw and it shows the changes (in this example "Crop" and 1 stop exposure) have been requested.

Click "Done" and the same error appears.

Go to "Tools->Caches->Clear Cache for this folder" and after rebuild and generate previews everything is fine.

I have spoken to Adobe Support for over 3 hours and spent at least that much time on HOLD.

They have logged onto my computer 3 times for at least and hour twice and end up saying "A Higher Power" will contact me.

So far I am still stuck. Adobe Support had me install Bridge CC2017 and it just froze my computer.

Panic... Tried CC2018 again. It Froze too. Unistalled 2017. Immediately back where I began.

Every time I make a change to a file in a folder I have to rebuild the cache for that folder which may contain a couple of hundred Raw dng files.

Waiting on Adobe for a Solution.Unable Save Raw Conversions.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Me too. Mac OS Mojave. Error persists with both Bridge 2018 and Bridge 2019. See my other posts:

Camera Raw: Unable to save raw conversion settings in Mac OS Mojave. | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. When updating settings in Camera Raw, 'Error' message appears, 'Unable to save raw conversion settings There was an unknown error' When reopening image in Camera Raw the settings have ,in fact, been saved. However, when I attempt to bulk update through Bridge the Error message re-appears & no images have been updated.

What the.......

CC2018. iMac Retina 5K, 27" 2017, OS High Sierra, 10.13.1

My folders are Read & Write activated. Have had no problems on older Mac CC2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. Mac OS Mojave. Error persists with both Bridge 2018 and Bridge 2019. See my other posts:

Camera Raw: Unable to save raw conversion settings in Mac OS Mojave. | Photoshop Family Customer Com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines