• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does a camera profile show up in Lightroom but NOT in camera raw

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon EOS R. In Lightroom I have camera profiles (Camera Neutral, Camera Landscape, Camera Faithful, etc.)  Up until recently when I chose one of these profiles for an image then opened it into photoshop it rendered the profile correctly.  Today I opened an image from a Canon EOS R in Lightroom, chose the Camera Landscape v2 profile, made some adjustments then opened it directly into photoshop.  The image was very washed out.  After doing some sleuthing I opened the image from the raw .CR3 file directly into Photoshop using Camera Raw.  At the profile I had a yellow alert triangle, when I moused over it the tooltip read "Profile not installed, rendering is incorrect".   How can I have a profile installed in Lightroom and not in camera raw?  And why suddenly has it disappeared.  If I "bake" the file to DNG it looks correct, and certainly, I can get my "pop" back in PS but it's a lot more work that I really should not have to do. 

Edit:   I opened the file on my laptop, running the same version of Photoshop and Camera Raw, and all the correct profiles show up there.  So now the question is - do I have to completely uninstall photoshop to fix this or is there another way?

Any suggestions or ideas are very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?