• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP Batch to photo's

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved a xmp file that needs to be added to about 700 photo's.

Is there any way to add the file to the photo's in a batch or automate the process?

Maybe in Bridge? I need to do this about twice a month in the future and want to speed up the process since now the manual way is taking too long.

Im working on a Mac with the latest CC.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the XMP?  A Preset, Edit Metadata, a Profile. Is it an Adobe App XMP?

What do you expect to achieve by adding it to multiple photos?

What is the "latest CC" Adobe does not use "CC" in any App names now. I guess you are referring to ACR v13.3. In the Creative Cloud Photograpy Apps there is Photoshop v22.4.2, Lightroom-Desktop v4.3, Lightroom-Classic v10.3.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The XMP is a preset, color correction, like brightness, saturation and such. I have to add it to multiple photo's because the outcome of each photo is the same that way. I am taking over for somebody and I am finding out that their workflow could be faster by automating the 'add xmp' file. I normally would do this in camera or lightroom. The latest cc means I got the adobe CC package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this piece will help if you can make the XMP into a preset (which should be doable):

https://www.photographyessentials.net/batch-apply-camera-raw-presets/

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good answer in the link from @TheDigitalDog ,

And to have the XMP file 'Preset' always available- Import it into ACR. CLick the 3-dot icon:

2021-07-26 10_04_57-.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Already did that, but I dont't want to load 700 images at once into ACR. If it would be possible I would like to do this in Lightroom or so. I have so many images that avoiding the ACR would be the better option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahha! "Lightroom"- And is that "Lightroom" or "Lightroom-CLASSIC"?

Because in Lightroom-Classic you can select (Highlight) one, several, hundreds, thousands, of photo thumbnails in the Grid view and apply a Preset (your XMP preset imported by ACR) in the Quick Develop panel with a fewe clicks of the mouse.

Choose the preset (your XMP preset) from the drop-down menu- done!

2021-07-27 09_11_36-.jpg

Or you can use the 'Auto-Sync' Develop module function to apply edits and Presets to photos selected on the Filmstrip.

Everything is simpler in Lightroom-Classic  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yess! Thanks so much, this seems to be the right answer. I will check this after downloading LRC

but his looks promising! Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines