• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens profile for Canon G1X

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add camera correction support for the Canon Powershot G1X! It worked perfectly with my G11, and I miss it!

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012
Thanks for the request.

If you weren't aware already, you can create your own lens profiles with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator or you can download user-contributed profiled lenses through the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

It's always appreciated when customers profile their lenses and share them with the community. You can upload them using the same Adobe Lens Profile Downloader mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
43 Comments
New Here ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better late than never. Thanks. Thanks also for your very informative epson 3800 site it's really helpful
Rick Dauphinee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ca...

Both the G1X and G15 appear to be fully supported!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good news if CS6 users will receive it. Because of Adobe ́s new subscription model, it ́s anyone ́s guess.

Speaking of, I am truly outraged at their new subscription model. For photographers like us, who only need Photoshop (and may be Lightroom) and that we were paying about $200 every 18-24 months, which is the typical version refresh cycle, the cost will go up to $360/18 months. or $480/24 months, which is MORE THAN DOUBLE what we now pay. In addition, if you fail to pay the monthly fee for the rest of your life (!), the software goes dead, and your psd files cannot be accessed any more, much less edited. So, now, users won ́t have either the option of skipping a version that adds features of no interest to them. This is completely unacceptable. I will keep using CS6 for the next couple of years, and will be looking at alternatives to Adobe. But I won ́t subscribe. No way. And I have been using Photoshop for more than 20 years, since version 3, and have been religiously upgrading since.

Why didn ́t they adopt the "maintenance" model, under which you pay an annual fee to get technical support and all upgrades, and if you stop paying you simply keep your software as it is. Adobe is abusing their monopoly status. And I, for one, won ́t take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"appear" is right Eric... It would be nice. But...

They are fully supported, but not in the way we here on this forum group would like... They are supported in terms of interpreting their specific RAW file formats in Adobe products, especially Lightroom and Photoshop. Lens profiles are created and stored separately and individually. The only way to check on which lenses are supported is to check using the same tool used to download the profile(s) you want to your desktop: Adobe Lens Profile Downloader. Adobe do a pretty good posting updates to the Camera Raw plugin and Lightroom for new camera RAW formats. Not so good, as we know, at lens profiles... There appears still to be no lens profile for the G1X. My guess is, they watch sales figures and create profiles for the most popular lenses and for lenses in the $$$ class for interchangeable lens models used by professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed ACR 8.1 RC, and can confirm that it does include a G1X lens profile, and that it does install on CS6, fortunately. The profile probably won ́t show up on the Profile Downloader app. until it gets officially released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above, lens profiles for the PowerShot G15 and G1 X are included in the Release Candidate (RC) version of Camera Raw 8.1. And of course they will be included in the final version of ACR 8.1, too.

Profiles built by Adobe are always included in the installer. You don't need to check the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, great news! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for the good news, Eric.

Because Camera Raw and LightRoom go parallel, I understand that GX1 len profile will showm also in Lightroom too?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only want to say THANK YOU to support team. I have just downloaded Adobe's Lightroom 5 from my cloud subscription and yes, Canon Powershot G1X lens profile is supported.

Good wishes from Spain!

Juan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it! Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, I updated Photoshop CS6 and got the latest ACR 8.1.0.43, with the G1X support. However, My Lightroom is at ver. 4.4, and if I try to do the update via "Help/Check for Updates" it tells my that there are no more updates. Yet, the ACR module is still at ver. 7.4. How can I get the ACR 8.1 for Lightroom? Can you please help? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't use ACR. The equivalence version is in LR5. So your LR4.4 is the latest and there is no update. You maybe able to download the profile using Adobe Profile Downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Son: Thanks. Curiously, the "Adobe Profile Downloader" doesn ́t include the G1X...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alternatively, if you don't want to upgrade to LR5, I can send you a Profile for G1X from LR5 (created by adobe). You just need to put it into your LR4 lens profile folder, and you will be able to use it. Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Son: Thank you. I would appreciate very much if you could email me the profile at joe_90292[at]hotmail.com.

I am so upset at the new attitude of Adobe with its new subscription-based CC, that I wouldn ́t want to send Adobe a single $$ anymore, ever, until or if they change course, even though I doubt they will. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done, check your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have also updated to Lightroom 5. Yes the profile is there and seems to work well it lightens up the vignetting in the original. Thanks some times things do happen when you make a constructive fuss

Votes

Translate

Translate