• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: More Photoshop like clone/healing/content aware brushes

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Photoshop like clone/healing brushes in Lightroom!
I love retouching in Photoshop, especially with the content aware fill with the healing tool, but Lightrooms tools are clunky. I don't know if there are technical limitations to implementing tools like Photoshop's in Lightroom but it would be GREAT!
I would rather be able to get a baseline retouched image in Lightroom than having to edit in Photoshop and then come back to Lightroom. I would rather just use Photoshop for image alterations.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Content Aware Remove was added to the Desktop Clients in today's release. Check it out!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 237 Replies 237
237 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this feature was not considered important.

Let's see again in couple of years, with LR7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all the improvements in LR it's still lacking the content aware brush so it's still in the in the toy class compared to PS for landscaper shooters. Too bad they cater so much to the street and PJs shooters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple situation when I use "spot removal" tool. I work with photo and strong zoom. And only click something small (like removing dust from sensor on picture) to fix it automatically. Some time LR go to similar surface close to my fixed area and get good area to fix it. But many times this tool go to area oudside present zoom settings. In this situation is very tiring allways closing "spot removal" tool, finding area sampled by LR, moving it to _my_ desired area for this sample. And go back to "spot removal" and continue work. Please fix it!

Have two simple ideas to fix this problem: 1 - LR automatically looks for similar/best sample area _only_ in present zoom settings/window area. 2 - Have possibility to go to wrong sample area without leaving "spot removal" tool - simply by shifting working window area by mouse movement. Like in PS using "Retangle tool" :)

Or may be possibility to choose my own configuration between both this settings?

You can fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some situations (e.g. removing objects from a structured background) it would be nice to get a mirroring clone stamp (like described here https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/mirror_paint_seamless_tile_paint_function?top... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We Really need Content Aware in LR.  The Spot Removal tool has made great progress since its early days but needs a couple more tweaks.  Right now you can select from "Heal" and "Clone" as the mode for the tool.  WE REALLY NEED YOU TO ADD "CONTENT AWARE" to this list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This slow adjustment performance seems to be true even without brush adjustments, even if to a smaller degree. Overall develop is much slower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5xOT2wv0M8&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,
Please share your catalog to help us debug this issue. Sent you a PM regarding the same.
Thanks
Satish

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support this request. The current clone/heal tool in LR does not work well, especially at the edges of images, it always leaves a dark or light shade. The current tool also does not pick a good source in about 40% of all cases and often picks a spot that is outside the cropped area, making it impossible to move. 
The simple spot healing brush tool in PS would be an ideal first step, as it simply interpolates nearby pixels to clone out a feature and only requires a brush stroke. A more advanced implementation would also include the regular healing brush (which requires to select a source). Thanks for considering this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, you have Content Aware in photoshop. It works great. Its the only tool batch editors like my self who use Lightroom use in Photoshop. I understand the option to take photos from LR into PS with a simple key stroke but it still saves the file as a JPEG back in LR.
PLEASE INCORPORATE CONTENT AWARE BRUSH IN LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen an actual reply from anyone at Adobe on this?  If it ever happens, I bet it will be in the new CC and not Classic CC (where I want it).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. However, so far both LR versions get the same new features. The cloud version appears to get more because it is missing a lot of Classic features, but I haven't seen it get a new feature that Classic doesn't have or gets. I, too, want this in the Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content Aware works well when it works well. It often requires additional work to be done to finish the job. Work that involves layers. Layers that don't exist in LR.
Also, CA  modifies the image while LR never changes the original image, so I'd have thought that could make doing what you ask a wee bit iffy. It would also reduce the need to pay for PS which Adobe might consider not in its interest. 
Also (bis), PS saves back into LR as a PSD or TIFF - no layers with JPG. 
Good luck with your request !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need layers to make CA work. Right now, when you use the clone function in LR, it says "take content from spot Y and put it on the spot X that you chose. You can select between clone and heal. What we want is the spot healing brush functionality that says "average the existing information around spot X and outside the selection, and put it on spot X". It would work exactly as it does, except better. The current functionality is broken, especially if your application it at the edge of the image, where the average only comes from two directions, not four.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, we need a content aware retouch brush. i become crazy with the lightroom clone tool which doesn't allow to paint or doesn't manage overlap of strokes,...
i have switched to on1 photoraw to have this tool, several color enhancer/hsl layers, blend modes

marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5, 6 and Classic do allow you to click and drag to paint, Marc. I always paint with feather at 0 so that there are no issues with overlapping paint strokes, then I adjust feathering afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallo Laura,
i was speaking about removing a distracting element where it clones a stupid zone you must move because not content aware. then, because you didn't remove the whole object, you want to "brush" the remaining part which operlaps (pin area !) and it doesn't want so you need to put cursor far awy from previous zone and you can now overlap... prehistory compared to on1, photoshop, luminar and topazlabs. in itself ACR/LR are prehistoric. i agree new profiles,... make it more nice but it takes years to make what other softwares made already 5 yeras ago with other tools.
even capture nx2 ten years ago has a super erasing tool and color efex pro 3 with blend modes,...

marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

Type H to temporarily hide pin - then you can put another fix on top of the area. Then H again to reveal.  That said, I know that the tool is limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is lagging, Cory? Importing? Editing? Something else? 
Can you give us an idea of a specific operation and how long it takes and how long it took in the previous version?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my most desired feature for Lightroom, ahead of focus stacking.

The ability to select a source point as with the clone stamp tool is sorely lacking from the spot removal tool. I have to keep creating new areas and run into problems with overlapping. The spot removal tool also produces very undesirable results when used at the edge of the image.

With this introduction, I'd be able to move my workflow to Lightroom for all but the most advanced edits. Cloning is far too commonly used to not have in my primary editing tool - Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't actually ask any question yet, but I'm seeing two other users already follow this theard 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, add the capabilities that already exist in Ps’ Content-aware fill. This is a non-destructive edit, correct, so should be doable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty much the only thing I take photos to photoshop for. It would be lovely to be able to do it right within Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  For my needs, this is the only thing that lets Lightroom down. Whenever the survey pops up in Lightroom asking me if I would recommend Lightroom to friends, I always give it a '9' with the comment that I would give it '10' if the spot removal tool were better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen many enhancements to Lightroom yet we are still using a old Heal and Clone Tool.

I take bird and wildlife photos and often there is a stick or object in the way.

I regularly use the Heal/Clone Tool yet find the end performance is not great and leaves a smudgy effect. I often end up leaving the object in as it is better than using the HealClone tool.

I ask that Adobe concentrate on improving the performance of this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate