• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: More Photoshop like clone/healing/content aware brushes

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Photoshop like clone/healing brushes in Lightroom!
I love retouching in Photoshop, especially with the content aware fill with the healing tool, but Lightrooms tools are clunky. I don't know if there are technical limitations to implementing tools like Photoshop's in Lightroom but it would be GREAT!
I would rather be able to get a baseline retouched image in Lightroom than having to edit in Photoshop and then come back to Lightroom. I would rather just use Photoshop for image alterations.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Content Aware Remove was added to the Desktop Clients in today's release. Check it out!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 237 Replies 237
237 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very disappointed that this feature request did not materialise as a bonus in LR4 final.

As a matter of fact, of the top 21 feature requests, only two were realised. I'm not saying the new LR4 bells and whistles are all useless, but they are not to be found among the popular feature requests.

Makes one wonder about the point of posting feature requests here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:(
At least they added Soft Proofing but...

PLEASE work on this area A LOT Adobe!!!
I would so Love to be able to retouch to get to a base level of image usability IN Lightroom so any files I Export from Lightroom of a particular file are set to go. I know I can Export and retouch in PS and I do but it would be better to be able to do this basic image prep in LR and know that any PSD's I have are edited for creative purposes only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Lightroom 3 last year & for £200 could not understand why cloning & a good sharpen tool was not included. After reading most of the comments here on the cloning feature it would appear Adobe are not really listening even tough they say they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharpening is pretty darn good in Lightroom global, local and output. What is lacking in your mind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just dont seem to get the results in Lightroom that I can get in Photoshop with the unsharp tool - but maybe I am not using it efficiently enough then. Any tips would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Any tips would be appreciated. "

Open a new thread about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, Jay Lee, rather than being blunt, just offer some help. As a wind engineer and photography enthusiast who posts extensively and a familiar with #lightroom, some help for those who ask may be more appreciated than your succinct comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not related to this thread, and the answers wouldn't be found in a search. A better and more detailed discussion could be had in a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am new to this site - therefore I appreciate the comment from H Niven as I dont even know how to open a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 sadness that non-circular cloning did not make the LR4 cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Make sure you click the plus one button on the original post if you want your plus one to be counted. Saying in a post does nothing to help Adobe track your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Sure did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. It is the best way to get your Feature Requests heard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want clone/healing/content aware brushes in Camera Raw. I don't use Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would also like to comment on the need to having more effective brush clone/healing tools in LR4. The current circular brush is too limiting for real world use. Implementing a content aware type tool would help stay inside LR for photo editing (based on Tom's comments of having the photographer stay in LR more often).
There are many of us that do not have the need or interest in owning Photoshop and would therefor, welcome this addition to your final LR4 release.
Thanks for listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, it need not be perfect. Have a look at CyberLink PhotoDirector 3's object removal support. That'll do fine for a start!

Watch the video on youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I cannot edit my previous post.

Here's another attempt to provide a link to the object removal video for Cyberlink's PhotoDirector 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom: Better Clone, Healing Tool, Maybe some magic of content aware.

I think the spot removal is way too primitive of lightroom compared to photoshop's capabilities, i think even Lightroom's feature should be upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My studio is considering a switch from Aperture to Lightroom4, but the lack of a decent cloning tool is the one thing causing me to wince. For spot blemishes, it's fantastic, but it relaly needs to allow softness control and allow me to drag around an area, not just a plop-circle. It's available in Photoshop, which I have, but I just don't want to leave LR and end up with multiple files/versions etc etc.

The only other thing that's giving me pause is the inability to brush in more than the basic enhancements. At the very least, if I could brush in Vibrancy, I think I could get the staff to settle down a bit.

thx.... If anybody is in fact listening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bouncing back and forth between applications is definitely frustrating, especially when one is under the gun to get a client's project completed. From one perspective, I see it as a total marketing ploy to get people to purchase all the software - greed. From another perspective, there are benefits to each application and a somewhat different purpose for each application. Unfortunately, it's hard for programmers to predict who is going to end up using which program, so it doesn't surprise me they aren't willing or possibly even able to combine or replicate features for every product. So I think of it this way....I anticipate which apps I'm going to need for each photographic project. That way, I don't make myself insane from the frustration and stress. To each his/her own, but unity is the MUCH PREFERREd modus operandi, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope springs eternal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brushing local vibrance has actually been around since Lightroom 2. (The team decided to name it Saturation, but in fact local Saturation behaves very much like the global Vibrance.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, although confusing. Is it brushing vibrance, exactly, not saturation, or is it some new animal not exactly vibrance, and not exactly saturation??

i.e. what do you mean "like"...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local Vibrance in the + direction is very similar to global Vibrance. In the - direction, it is similar to global Saturation.

Votes

Translate

Translate