Camera Raw Canon 6D mkii

Hey guys,

I have a Canon 6D mkii and when I try and open the CR2 files through Camera Raw (once in Bridge) it says it cannot open them.  I have tried downloading the latest Plug-ins (9.12.1 and 9.1.1) and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Topics

Camera support
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Camera Raw Canon 6D mkii

Hey guys,

I have a Canon 6D mkii and when I try and open the CR2 files through Camera Raw (once in Bridge) it says it cannot open them.  I have tried downloading the latest Plug-ins (9.12.1 and 9.1.1) and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Topics

Camera support
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by ssprengel
Adobe Community Professional
| Adobe Community Professional

The 6D II was first supported with Camera Raw 9.12 released July 2017:

Camera Raw 9.12 now available | Adobe Blog

Your mention of ACR 9.1.1 suggests the use of CS6 which stopped being updated with ACR 9.1.1 back in July 2015 and there are no new updates for new cameras or bugs or anything else.

Camera Raw 9.1.1 is now available

You can either upgrade to the current CC subscription-only versions of Photoshop CC and Camera Raw (currently 10.3) or you can use the free DNG Converter 9.12 or newer to create DNGs from your CR2 files and those DNGs but not the CR2s will open in the older software.  The latest DNG Converter software is available on Adobe's updates page:

Adobe software and product updates

The CC Photography plan, currently the most cost effective way to get the current Photoshop, can be subscribed to, here:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

2 Replies

Re: Camera Raw Canon 6D mkii

Adobe Community Professional, Jun 01, 2018

That version of Camera Raw is only compatible with Photoshop CS6. What version of Photoshop are you using?

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: Camera Raw Canon 6D mkii

The 6D II was first supported with Camera Raw 9.12 released July 2017:

Camera Raw 9.12 now available | Adobe Blog

Your mention of ACR 9.1.1 suggests the use of CS6 which stopped being updated with ACR 9.1.1 back in July 2015 and there are no new updates for new cameras or bugs or anything else.

Camera Raw 9.1.1 is now available

You can either upgrade to the current CC subscription-only versions of Photoshop CC and Camera Raw (currently 10.3) or you can use the free DNG Converter 9.12 or newer to create DNGs from your CR2 files and those DNGs but not the CR2s will open in the older software.  The latest DNG Converter software is available on Adobe's updates page:

Adobe software and product updates

The CC Photography plan, currently the most cost effective way to get the current Photoshop, can be subscribed to, here:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines