Camera Raw won't open multiple photos when i drag them into PhotoShop CC

Hi.

Then i drag multiple photos into PhotoShop CC only one image can be edited in Camera Raw at a time.
When I finish an image and press okey, the next picture will come to Camera Raw.

This worked well until I did a reinstallation on my computer.
Then I installed PhotoShop CC and suddenly it no longer works.

1: I'm taking two photos at the same time into PhotoShop CC

001.png
2: Adobe Camera Raw starts but only one of the pictures is available. I press "open image"
002.png
3: The first image enters PhotoShop CC, and then Adobe Camera Raw automatically opens with the other image. I press "Open Image".
003.png
3: Now are both the pictures in PhotoShop CC
004.png

I want it as in this picture (is not my picture):

005.png

Please help me. Must make this work again so my workflow works as I want.

Best regards Staffan

Topics

Bug, Problem or error
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Camera Raw won't open multiple photos when i drag them into PhotoShop CC

Hi.

Then i drag multiple photos into PhotoShop CC only one image can be edited in Camera Raw at a time.
When I finish an image and press okey, the next picture will come to Camera Raw.

This worked well until I did a reinstallation on my computer.
Then I installed PhotoShop CC and suddenly it no longer works.

1: I'm taking two photos at the same time into PhotoShop CC

001.png
2: Adobe Camera Raw starts but only one of the pictures is available. I press "open image"
002.png
3: The first image enters PhotoShop CC, and then Adobe Camera Raw automatically opens with the other image. I press "Open Image".
003.png
3: Now are both the pictures in PhotoShop CC
004.png

I want it as in this picture (is not my picture):

005.png

Please help me. Must make this work again so my workflow works as I want.

Best regards Staffan

Topics

Bug, Problem or error
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by Jeff_Arola
Adobe Community Professional, Mar 21, 2018

I believe the problem is your dragging into the Start Workspace, which for some reason only opens one raw photo at a time.

Two options i can see are:

1. Make a shortcut to photoshop on your desktop and drag the raw photos into that.

2. Turn off the Start Workspace in Edit>Preferences>General>Show Start workspace When no documents are open.

Screenshot-(39).png

6 Replies

Re: Camera Raw won't open multiple photos when i drag them into PhotoShop CC

Adobe Community Professional, Mar 19, 2018

Have you tried opening multiple images from Bridge? On the other hand, I have never tried the drag/drop method until just now (strange as it may seem). But it worked for me as you seem to expect it to work. There was an update to Photoshop within the last week. Did you get that update? I wonder if that update had anything to do with correcting this issue. Anyway, things seem to be working properly here. Latest Photoshop on Windows 10.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I did the update today. But it still does not work to drag the images directly from "File Explorer" straight into PhotoShop. Each file is loaded separately.

If I open the images from Bridge, it will be the way I want.

1. I select both images, right-click and select "open in Camera Raw":

001.png
2. Both images are now in Camera Raw:
002.png

PhotoShop & Camera Raw is up to date, my OS is Windows 10:

003.png
004.png

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Mar 20, 2018

I wish I had a suggestion for you. I just tried your method again on my computer. I dragged three DNG files from File Explorer onto the Photoshop workspace and they all opened in Camera Raw with the filmstrip on the left-hand side as expected. When I tried it before it was with NEF files, same result.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I believe the problem is your dragging into the Start Workspace, which for some reason only opens one raw photo at a time.

Two options i can see are:

1. Make a shortcut to photoshop on your desktop and drag the raw photos into that.

2. Turn off the Start Workspace in Edit>Preferences>General>Show Start workspace When no documents are open.

Screenshot-(39).png

View all replies

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

THANKS!!! Absolutely wonderful! This solved the problem.

The problem was that I drag the images into the Start Workspace.
When I turned off the function you were referring to point 2, everything worked.

Again, thanks!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thank you for this fix! You've made my life so much easier!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines