• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Canon Color Profiles in Camera Raw

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are the camera specific profiles for Canon no longer in Adobe Camera Raw. They are there for Nikon and others. When with this be fixed. It's making Camera Raw not useable. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen discussions on another forum regarding this issue. Adobe has indicated that camera matching profiles will not necessarily be provided for all Canon models. I don't recall the reason why. Just a comment about this. I have used several different Nikon models. They have all had camera matching profiles as well as the Adobe profiles. The difference between the Adobe profiles and the camera matching profiles has been so negligible that it hasn't really mattered which of the profiles I have used. You can create your own custom camera defaults in Camera Raw, setting any and all adjustments as needed, you can have as many different sets of defaults as you feel you need. You can make Camera Raw as usable or as generic as YOU want to make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe profiles are horrible at best. And the fact threat they have Nikon profiles does not help Canon users. There ones online that can be downloaded and installed. But it's really poor customer service to not have all camera manufactures supported. The difference between Adobe profiles and Canon profiles are drastically different. Using Nikon as a comparison is not helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually know that the difference between Canon profiles and Adobe profiles is drastically different? I'm just saying that the difference between Nikon profiles and Adobe profiles isn't drastically different, and that you aren't really suffering greatly. But if you want to complain I suppose that is your choice. I don't work for Adobe, haven't had a Canon camera to compare. Sorry that you seem to be so crippled by what you have been provided. This is a user to user forum, and there really isn't anything any of us can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically what profiles? 

Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased.

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/what-does-camera-support-mean/5f5f46...

The last sentence is key to read and accept.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved for $25

Color Fidelity makes the missing profiles that can be imported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines