Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Checkmarks upon viewing

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Cap4. I have a

nice interaction page that uses 5 header buttons to that jump to 5 pages.
Since the buttons are in the header they are global. Only the content changes below (for each of the 5 pages).

I want to add a Checkmark over each header button when the user visits each of the 5 pages.

When each Checkmark displays I want it stay visible throughtout the project.

I have tried several ways to make this work with and without variables.

Can anyone share a quick clean way to do this?
Below are some images of my interaction.

mainMenu.jpg

CheckMark01.jpg

Thank you for any and all help and suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to get this template? If so please send to chejazz at aol dot com. Thanks so much!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get a copy of the file you created.  I haven't been able to get this to work for myself in Captivate 5 but really need to be able to do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I will be happy to send you a working file.

Contact me with you email at rpbuchinski@gmail.com.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2011 Mar 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Think this is a misunderstanding, he wants me to send him the template because he is on CP5. Or did you get your file to function? If yes, please post your solution. Just a tip: it is not a good idea to post your mail-address publicly to avoid spammers.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes hello Lily,

The design of this interaction is a 5-button horizontal "header" that is a global menu for the project.

When user clicks a button the new content is placed below.

Each button goes to a different page. But the header stays the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri!

I would love to have this template please!  I'm hoping that will help me construct the Advanced Actions.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, send me a private message with your e-mail address. Better not post it on the forum to avoid spam,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed a very nice approach, but what happens if the module has been closed and on a later time be relaunched, will these status indicator (which signifies that topic(s) has been viewed) be restored?Or will you be having as if it's a fresh module.

-Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Adding checkmarks (or visited marks) works great, even on an LMS. However, when a user closes out midway through the course to resume back where he left off, all the visited marks are gone. Is there a way for CP5 to remember the user actions?

Thanks,

edlearner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send it to me also please... l-d-davis  at hotmail?

Thanks.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version please?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question above has not been answered yet, what happens if the user exits midway the project, how will this behave?

May I request a copy of the template too, Cp5.5

Will send you my email on private.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variables are reset when restarting the module, that is the issue. I think you'll need some external scripting to keep the situation stored on the PC (with cookies - way the TOC bookmarking is working).

I did not try that work flow.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I am trying to figure this out too.  I sent my email in a private message. 

I have a project where the user enters a hallway with 5 doors.  The user needs to click on each door to learn the info behind the door.  Once in a room the user reads some stuff and exits back into the hallway to choose another door.

In the hallway I have click boxes to jump to the appropriate slide and in the rooms I have a "exit back to the hallway" button.  When the user exits back into the hallway, I would like there to be a checkbox over the door(s) they have entered.  Once the user has enter all 5 doors, I would like there to be a continue button in the hallway to continue to the end of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out to show the checkmarks (visited marks) when a user returns to a course? I have a long course and users often leave the course midway to return and finish at another time. However, the checkmarks are reset (disappears) when the user returns to pick up where they last left off.

Thanks.

edlearner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my understanding is captivate has no native way to do this.  If you're using an LMS you may have the option to use the reporting function to save progress. (Preferences > Quiz > Reporting > LMS Customization Settings > uncheck 'Never Send Resume Data')

I believe CPGuru also has a widget that will save/access a shared object which might work for you.

There may be other, more technical, solutions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Lilibiri,

Are you able to please send me a copy of the Template.  I am on CS5.5.  my email address:alison.mcleavy@mater.org.au

Thankyou kindly

ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would recommend indeed the use of the Load and Save Data Widget from Michael: http://www.cpguru.com/2011/10/04/save-and-load-data-widgets-for-adobe-captivate-updated/

Perhaps you'll have to check if you have a resetting advanced action for the moment, you have to be sure that this doesn't interfere with the widget

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I would like to have a copy of the Template too. Could you please send my email?

naomi.okeefe@gmail.com

I'm using Captivate 5.

Thank you so much.

Naomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry, didn't read all right, sent you the CP5.5 template, will send the 5.0 one.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just what I was looking for, can I get a copy of the 5.5 template as well?

Thanks!

(edit - thanks for sending!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri -

I'm new to this group - wondering if you have your template for Cap6 version. If not, can you please send me your latest version? Many thanks for your great help. Email is mary at prepsimple dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No template for CP6 yet, had to transfer my blog, Posterous is closing down. I'll send you the 5.5 template.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a copy of the Template too. Could you please send on my email?

neeraj.bohra@gmail.com

I'm using Captivate 6 and also 5.5

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a copy of the Template too. Could you please send on my email?

neeraj.bohra@gmail.com

I'm using Captivate 6 and also 5.5

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources