Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 running slowly on PC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me identify why Captivate 2019 is running so slowly on my PC (Microsoft Surface Pro)? I've viewed several older threads that addressed this issue, and have take the steps they suggested, but I am still having the system lag quite a bit. Here are some relevant details to help troubleshoot. Thank you in advance for any help!

• Captivate version is 11.5.5.553
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.90 GHz Processor
  • 8GB of RAM
  • 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • I regularly clear my cache
  • All files are saved on my computer desktop, not to a network drive
  • I close programs, such as Chrome, that might cause it to run slower
TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Your CPU might be a little slow for Captivate, as technically it doesn't meet the recommended system requirements (https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/system-requirements.html). Not sure if you've tried these steps, but have you checked your Power Options in the Control Panel? You could try changing the power mode to the Better Performance or Best Performance settings. I'd also suggest ensuring you're plugged in when using Captivate, particularly as your CPU has a low clock speed, as the power man

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Sorry to pop in, but there is some missing information.

You need another license for the Mac version. Or you'll need to run the PC license on Parallels or something similar.

There seem to be a lot more issues with the Mac version, based on what you can read in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

I'll defer to Lilybiri's comments on the license. I forgot that Captivate isn't part of Creative Cloud. Paul Wilson provides an explanation as to why this is here: https://elearning.adobe.com/2020/10/why-captivate-isnt-part-of-the-creative-cloud/.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CPU might be a little slow for Captivate, as technically it doesn't meet the recommended system requirements (https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/system-requirements.html). Not sure if you've tried these steps, but have you checked your Power Options in the Control Panel? You could try changing the power mode to the Better Performance or Best Performance settings. I'd also suggest ensuring you're plugged in when using Captivate, particularly as your CPU has a low clock speed, as the power management is likely throttling the CPU to conserve battery power. Straight out of left field, something that I found had a negative effect on performance was my VPN connection to the office. I don't know why this was, but for a while last year I and another developer found that turning off our VPN connections would improve performance. I haven't the foggiest idea why. All I know is that when we disconnected it sped things up again. Not sure if that's relevant to you but thought I'd mention it on the off chance it might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh okay, thank you for the helpful information and thoughtful response! My personal laptop is a new MacBook Pro; from what you know, would that be a better option if I have the Captivate software installed on that? Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any experience using Captivate on a Mac, but based on the recommended system requirements for macOS, the specs are certainly less demanding (e.g., no minimum CPU clock speed and only 4 GB RAM). I think you need to sign out of Creative Cloud from within Captivate on your PC before you can use it on your Macbook. From the Help menu, click Sign Out (at the bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to pop in, but there is some missing information.

You need another license for the Mac version. Or you'll need to run the PC license on Parallels or something similar.

There seem to be a lot more issues with the Mac version, based on what you can read in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll defer to Lilybiri's comments on the license. I forgot that Captivate isn't part of Creative Cloud. Paul Wilson provides an explanation as to why this is here: https://elearning.adobe.com/2020/10/why-captivate-isnt-part-of-the-creative-cloud/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's really helpful to know! Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do run Captivate on a Surface Pro as well, but it has an i7 processor. Due to its size, that use iss mostly when I am coaching live trainings. I never use it for longer, complicated projects. But it runs very smoothly, even along PS or AI, never had issues.

Do you have enough space left on the SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources