• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 voices mispronounce words

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the cloud version of Adobe Captivate, and I installed the Neo voices with it and tried them out with slide notes. I was disappointed to find that the voices mispronounced the word "reading" as "redding." I don't anticipate that we'll use this soon, but I'm wondering if there is any way to correct mispronunciations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried all of the different voices?  Perhaps what you are encountering is simply a different English accent.

Some more information here if you want to try exploring VTML as a way to modify the TTS.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/using-vtml-commands-for-neospeech/m-p/10244605

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a link to the video I posted before and the VTML user guide that you can download. Neospeech is no longer a company. They were absorbed by ReadSpeaker so the documentation that I've posted on my website is no longer easily available elsewhere. Hope this helps.

https://captivateteacher.com/vtml

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources