Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate widget specifications

Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - does anyone know where I can find the Adobe Captivate widget specifications?

I remember there was a link in the CP 4 pre-release feature overview but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Aimee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure to understand your question in the right way, but the widgets (source FLA and an description XML) can be found in the Gallery-map of Captivate 4. If this is not the right answer, please can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for your answer.  I was under the impression that Adobe had come up with a list of specifications for developing widgets in Flash to be used in Captivate.  This is what I am looking for.  Indeed there are some pre-fabed widgets in the gallery folder but if you want to build one yourself I was under the impression that there were some guidelines so that it would work correctly in Captivate.  Our designers have had some issues with behaviors being different when played directly in Flash to when it is inserted into CP.

Thanks again for your help.

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aimee,

Apart from looking at the pre-produced widgets there is no documentation available as far as I know.

It would be nice to have a white paper explaining the widget API and the various posibilities but so far there is nothing like that available. I also fully understand your designers - I too have been experiencing some strange things when making widgets for Captivate 4 and since there is no documentation available it's pretty hard figuring out what and why it goes wrong.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources