Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On Captivate, when I read the slides one by one, the animations work well, but when I look at the preview or when I publish the project, the animations are jerky. Can you tell me why? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain what you mean by 'animations'? Are you talking about imported HTML animations (OAM)? Or maybe animated GIFs? Or do you mean objects to which you applied the built in Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thks for your response. Yes I meant objects with built in effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, want to know if you prefer French? That is due to your 'name'.... 

You need to know that 'Play Slide' which unfortunately appears also under the Preview button is NOT a real preview. It should only be used for editing like synchronization. It is exactly the same as using the Play button in the Timeline panel.

Can you post a screenshot of the timeline panel with the effects sub-timelines expanded? It is necessary to see the type of effects, their duration and probably interaction with other (interactive) objects on that slide. Effects are paused by pausing points of those objects. 

It is also important to know if you tested after uploading the published HTML output to a webserver, not locally. Which browser(s) did you use for testing. Some of them (like Safari or old IE) are not very good at rendering all HTML output from Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources