• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any suggestions for Captivate stuck in trial version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot license my subscription version of Captivate. I have an active subscription. When I open Captivate I'm in the trial version (I'm on day 23 now.) I've tried logging out of CC and Captivate and getting back in and also unistalling and reinstalling. If I try and buy it says that I already own it. If I try and license, it wants a serial number, which I don't have. I don't think I ever got a serial number. I've looked back at my old emails and there isn't anything in there about a serial number and there isn't anything on my account page.

Adobe support has been less than helpful 

-Do I have a serial number? Can I have it? "let me transfer you" - can't provide a serial number

-my account is "being migrated to a business account" which doesn't make any sense. 

-something is being done in the back end with accounts

-When will it be fixed? Unknown

-How will I work in the meantime? "Use the trial version." Which means publishing my projects, uploading to the LMS, then republishing and reloading when the owned version is working. Adobe support seems to think that this is a perfectly reasonable work around. And no answer to what happens when this isn't fixed before the trial version expires. 

Any suggestions on other actions to take would be appreciated. I'm at my wit's end and converting 150 plus courses to Storyline is seeming like a reasonable proposition at this point. Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have purchased a Subscription then you do not get a serial number.  That is for standalone licenses.  The subscription is a better way to purchase Captivate (in my opinion) because then all updates and new major versions are at no extra cost.

With the subscription, all you need to have is a valid Adobe ID and be logged into that ID when working in Captivate.

Your subscription to Creative Cloud will NOT get you Captivate because it is not part of Creative Cloud.  You need to purchase a subscription licence or standalone license for Captivate separately.

If you create content just using the Captivate trial version you will find that the content stops working 30 days after you publish.  So that's not a viable alternative either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something which can be solved by another user like me. I will try to get an Adobe Staff member to help you solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri. I appreciate any help you can give me in getting support from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have mailed, but didn't get any answer yet. Please be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I would give an update to this problem - which is still not resolved. 

My company has a team creative account. Captivate is an individual subscription. Both licenses use the same email and the same password but they are now under different profiles. I can't log into creative cloud and captivate at the same time. Adobe is telling us that Captivate can't be in the same profile as the team creative cloud account. So to use Captivate I log into Captivate using Profile 1. When I want to use any Creative Cloud app I log out of Captivate and log into Creative Cloud using Profile 2. So  can't use Captivate and Adobe fonts at the same time. Want to be in Captivate and reference something in Adobe Reader? Nope. Can't do that. Need to log out of Captivate and log into Creative Cloud. Then log out of Creative Cloud and back into Captivate. 

Adobe suggested that we create a non-team creative cloud account so that Captivate and Creative cloud could be under the same profile. Adobe told us - "So, to have all the applications in one single contract we have one option available and with that you would need move all the licenses from Direct Teams Contract to Indirect VIP Contract. "

Which is great but my adobe admin has been trying to do this all day and has been in 3 different chats beign passed around back and forth and was finally told that a rep would call her back within 2 hours. That didn't happen. 

A lot of frustration happening over here because apparently I am the only person in the world who wants to use Captivate and a Creative Cloud app at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that update!  I do use a CC and Captivate subscription licenses but on a personal account. Your update explained some of the issues I suspected when using a team account in combination with an individual account. It is something Adobe really should need to solve. I cannot imagine not being able to have access simultaneously to Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, Capture and Captivate! It is one of the big advantages of Captivate to be able to collaborate with CC applications, and since years I regret the inability of Captivate to access CC Libraries.

Just wanted to tell you that you are not 'the only person'....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources