• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone ELSE seeing a BLACK screen in your NEW Projects?e

Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared my cache, checked for updates, quit and deleted preferences.... but when I open a blank project or responsive project I see a black screen! 

I have tried Command+0, Command+1, Command+2 - View>Magnification>Best Fit.... they all do NOTHING.

Not sure if I just have bad luck... but there is not a project I have worked on where I have not ran into issues with Captivate. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 4.07.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.41.14 PM.png

only way to see it is if I zoom out ALL The way... then slowly zoom in... move screen back in view, zoom in more, then move screen back in view. What's happening?

thanks,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mark,

only way to see it is if I zoom out ALL The way... then slowly zoom in... move screen back in view, zoom in more, then move screen back in view. What's happening?

that's sounds a bit cconfusing. AFAIK, you can only zoom out to 25% and the zoom in .. 33% .. 50% .. 66% .. 75% .. 100% [cmnd-1] and beyond and of course Best Fit [cmnd-0], but these are only a few steps and I'm not sure what you mean with slowly zoom in ... move screen back in view. It sounds so very dramatic!

Not sure, but are you on MacOS Big Sur? The symptoms sound like that. Even if you checked for Updates, you might not get the special build for Big Sur. I'm still on Catalina, hence I can't be certain. Is your Cp Version 11.5.5.678 ? If so and you are using Big Sur, there's a special new build of Cp which you can get from:

Update for Mac Users – Adobe Captivate 2019 Build for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) is here!

If I got this all wrong, then I apologize

..Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES! That was it.... I am using Big Sur and I was just sent the new build and it seemed to resolve the issue!

thanks for chiming in!

best,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources