Exit

Auto-populate Completion Certificate based on LMS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I need some help with the following:

• Auto-populate user's name on the Completion Certificate based on the LMS login credentials. 
  • Completion Date on Certificate in expanded format (e.g. 3 February 2020)
  • Add an option to save the certificate as pdf format
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Answeer to first two questions:

1. Depends on the LMS. Try inserting the user variabel cpQuizInfoStudentName.
  2. Make sure your system has date set up the way you want and use the system variable cpinfoCurreentLocaleDateString

Third: you can add a print button, but there is no way to force to print to pdf. Depends also on applications installed on the user's system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answeer to first two questions:

1. Depends on the LMS. Try inserting the user variabel cpQuizInfoStudentName.
  2. Make sure your system has date set up the way you want and use the system variable cpinfoCurreentLocaleDateString

Third: you can add a print button, but there is no way to force to print to pdf. Depends also on applications installed on the user's system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lily for the inputs. Could you please advise how to save the Certificate page as PDF using javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am attempting to include a completion certificate with the required 'User Name' and 'Date' variables.  I've embedded an image of the customised certificate on a slide and included two text captions with the required variables.  What I'm completely stuck on now is how the learner can print the certificate.  Lilybiri, you've mentioned to "add a print button" but I simply can not find how to do that.  Would be super grateful for your assistance (again!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have control over the print features of the learner. The command 'window.print();' will open the print dialog box. Not sure if that is sufficient. We used to have great print widgets in the SWF time, not anymore now for HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources